My thoughts on Week 17 and other mumblings...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans256, Dec 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans256

Titans256 Starter

-I don't know how bad Denver is this year, but San Diego is for real. They are the only team in the AFC that scares me as a Titans fan. Damn the Steelers. Screw the Ravens. Forget the Patriots. The Chargers are playing like somebody mugged their mama's in a Church parking lot. Their momentum going into their Wild Card game is off the charts. Watch out for them.

-If Jerry Jones REALLY wants to win another Super Bowl, he'd fire his entire coaching staff, hire Bill Cowher give him full control of football operations, and stay out of his way. We knew all along that Wade "I'm gonna bench Flutie" Phillips and Company were gonna stumble sooner or later. That team has talent (not necessarily players) that I'd KILL to have on the Titans...but they can't get it done. It's not T.O.'s fault. It's not Pac-Man's fault. It's not Flozell Adams' fault. It's Jason Garrett and Tony Romo's fault. Garrett has to go. Their playcalling is atrocious. There's entirely too much talent on that roster to NOT get into the playoffs.

-The owners of the Detroit Lions should be banished from owning an NFL franchise. That team has rarely ever fielded a competitve team. Firing Matt Millen was a start. If they continue to wallow in the filth that is the bottom of their division, someone should pull the plug on the owners. Since 1970 (the year of the MERGER), they have had TWO 10-6 seasons, and only ONE 12-4 season. That's IT. That's as good as it gets. ALL THREE OF THOSE came during the Barry Sanders years. That tells me that the owner of the team has no commitment to winning ball games. If Roger Goodell really wants to make a statement in the NFL, he'll tell the Ford family, along with Al Davis and the owners of the Cardinals to either shape up or get out of the NFL. Point Blank, end of discussion. If there's minimal effort to compete, they dont deserve to own NFL franchises. Disagree with me? I'm pretty sure the players who bleed, sweat and put their bodies and livelihoods on the line for these teams will wholeheartedly agree with me.

-The Titans rested their starters today. That was expected. What was not expected was the Titans 2nd and 3rd string defensive personnel making Jim Sorgi look like Joe Montana. The Titans can't afford any 1st teamers on the injury reports. None whatsoever. That means offense and defense...Kerry Collins included...that's all I'm going to say about that. Not that this game mattered much to either team, but it never looks good to drop a goose-egg on a division opponent. Especially going into the playoffs.

-Bill Parcells has to be the most wanted front-office man in all of football. Last season, the Dolphins were 1 game away from sliding across the NFL Oblivion state line. This year, they're in the playoff hunt, with a rejuvenated Ricky Williams. Yes. THAT Ricky Williams.

One breath of hot-air unrelated to Week 17:
    Matt Cassell was a career college backup QB, which translated into him being what we THOUGHT would be the same thing in the greatest sporting league on the planet...right? Well, not so fast. Cassell has become a star in New England. Cassell will want to spread his wings for another team when Brady returns from his ACL explosion. If Cassell goes to another team and does poorly, can somebody please show some balls and throw the cheating flag back in Bill Belicheck's direction? It's obvious that there was more to this story than we were told. How else could a career college backup and a 6th Round Draft Pick turn into NFL SuperMen? My eyes are wide open on this one...and all 4 of them are cryin' foul.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Jim Sorgi is the ultimate week 17 QB. He has impressive numbers.

3. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Let me put it this way - DEN is to SD what TEN 3rd stringers are to Sorgi.

Don't let SD fool you. They finished 8-8 by closing on a winning streak against 4 collapsing teams (OAK, KC, TB, DEN).

4. Titans256

Titans256 Starter

Yeah, but the operative phrase here is "winning streak". They'll probably run out of gas in the playoffs, possibly against the Colts. But if they somehow beat the Colts...Lord have mercy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar