My top 3...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by ammotroop, Apr 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Well after all the reading and mock drafts that we have done here is my top 3 picks for the first round and why.

1. Desean Jackson, WR, Cali
    He would fill 3 vital roles for us. PR, KR, and WR. I know his size is and issue, and people often compare him to Ted Ginn. I disagree with that for the simple fact that Ginn was more of a burner, straight ahead guy, where I think Desean is has just as many moves as PacMan did. I think we are looking at him and hoping he is there when we pick. I dont think he will have an immidete impact at WR, but he will on special teams. Fisher likes to work his rookies in, and that is perfect because as much as people bash our WR. A healthy BJ, Gage, Roydell should make an impact this year, if our QB has improved even in the slightest.

2. Felix Jones
    He also would fill 3 roles for us. RB, PR, KR. Kiper has him as his 3rd top RB. He can be Lightning to Whites thunder. He can also catch out of the backfield.

3. Quentin Groves
    While some consider him small or a tweener, I think he is the speed rusher that fits our scheme to a T. We never have had success with the Big Bulky DE, and are more of a speed rushing team. He would get great mentoring under Kearse and KVB.

Any of these three and I will be satisfied. Its impossible to say who we will draft, or who is top on our secret Titans Board, but I hope it is DJ.

Tear it up.

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

well, i like that you have djax and groves on here...but we can't take a rb first. there's plenty of depth in later rounds...but overall i'd say that looks good to me. replace felix with balmer, i guess..

3. I prefer Groves. Not a big Jackson fan.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Ammo, jackson is a wooooos.. Also why is ginn keep being brought up as an example of bust? He was pretty good last year and jackson might not be able to carry his jock.

I don't like any of your picks.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Rolltide's top 3 among players with a chance to be there at 24.

1. Kenny phillips safety

2. Phillip Merling DE

3. Kentwan Balmer DT

6. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

As much as i'd like to see Jackson, I don't think you spend a first rounder on a guy that will essentially just be a punt and kick returner. We need an eventual #1 if we're going to take a WR in the first, and Jackson just isn't that. I like Tide's top 3, but I don't really see us taking a safety for the second straight year, unless of course Hope's injury is worse than first indicated. A lot of people are saying running back, but unless that running back is either Mendenhall or Stewart, I say get one in the later rounds.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

OFFENSE!!!! Sorry but I had too. If we had even a decent offense we would've beat SD in the 1st round. We had a 3-0 lead at halftime and still lost! What was the final score? It was like 17-6 right?

8. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I didnt say Ginn was a bust, I just dont think they compare as much as some people do.

Sorry you dont like any of my picks :)

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Lots of people say the problem with the offense is at WR. Truthfully it was everywhere. Even though White got 1,000 yards he was the only one running and running up the middle and teams have figured him out now. Which is why I like Felix Jones because he can burn the outside returning, rushing, and receiving. Their's nothing wrong with going with the D early but our main focus in the draft has to be offense. At WR it's not all about speed we need someone consistant catching. Someone like Sweed or maybe even Doucet or Hardy. Hardy especially because we had such a pathetic redzone offense.

10. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

No way we draft a saftey 2 years in a row in the first round. Will not happen.

Merling is a possibility, but I dont think he will be there.

DT is a need, but is Balmer really a first rounder? BPA?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar