My Top 6 WR's...So Far.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Zappa71, Aug 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

It's not a question of whom is better, the question is can Mariani beat out Reynaud for kick returns? Because that's the only way Mariani makes this team.

2. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

The only reason I don't consider Wright to be a #1 is because of his size. At 5'10" and with small hands, he's mostly a slot receiver. He can play outside, but it's really tough for those smaller guys to become true game-changers when playing outside. Unless he's the second coming of Steve Smith, of course.

3. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, Wes Welker, and Percy Marvin are all only 1-2 inches taller then Wright and they are pretty well respected game changers. In fact two of them are HoF bound IMO. Having amazing size speed guys like Britt and Megatron is nice but you don't need one to be a great WR. The ability to run routes and get open are way more important and Wright can do that just fine.

4. RockyTop Fox

The difference between 5'11" and 5'10" for WRs is probably the biggest one-inch difference there is. Everything about Wright is small, from his hands to his legs and body. Wight is still decently productive when playing outside, but the slot role will serve him best.

5. Finnebosch

So Reggie Wayne wouldn't be a number one receiver if he was an inch shorter?

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Yes. This is a classic case of a guy who has earned it. Mariani was NEVER a WR for us (that did much of anything)- only a KR/PR.

Mariani, D-Rey and Walter all need to go. Keep Preston and Jackie Battle if he plays ST's. Hardly anybody is returing KO's any more so you just need need somebody to field PR's.

7. RockyTop Fox

Reggie Wayne is 6'0", which is a huge difference than 5'10".

He also is
    Not your average #1 WR. Are you telling me Kendall Wright gonna be a multi-time pro bowler? That's a bit bold. He has a chance, but his height isn't quite what you look for in a #1 receiver. His ideal role is in the slot, that's all I'm saying.
    If by some miracle Britt plays well and stays with us and Hunter is what we expect, we'll have one hell of a trio.

8. Finnebosch

6'0 is not a huge difference then 5'10 it's a 2 inch difference. If you stood Wayne and Wright side by side Wright wouldn't even be a full forehead smaller then Reggie Wayne and while Wright doesn't have Wayne's track record I could easily see him becoming a multi-time probowler because he has a lot of the same skill set as Reggie Wayne.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Kendall Wright is better than Wayne was at this stage of his career

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Kendall Wright recorded a 38 1/2 inch vertical jump while pudgy and out of shape. I'm not worried about 2 inches. 5'10" used to be ideal for a receiver and corners with the exception of a few are no taller than they used to be (5'8-5'10). Being 6'4" is nice but far from necessary, plenty of tall ass scrubs in the league right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar