My VERY early 2008 Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Carpy, Nov 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Bulluck's age isn't showing yet, but that won't last too much longer. We need to draft his successor this year.

Shawn Crable from Michigan.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

shawn crable is a tweener pass rusher/sam linebacker. that is nothing like bulluck.

3. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

We are one injury away from having Gilbert Gardner starting at LB. That is scary.

I really want an OLB in rd 1.

4. theprizdfighter

Shawn Crable 6'5" 243

Keith Bulluck 6'3" 235

Tweener? Think not.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

crable has gone back forth between DE and OLB throughout his whole career.

6. UVATitan

UVATitan Camp Fodder

we need a WR with the 1st pick. I agree that we are thin in our LB core and actually it seems like if AH goes down we would once again be in extreme need for a DT, but these are things that would be nice to have from a protection point. With the 1st pick we need to address a NEED and a wr is such a need.

7. theprizdfighter

This is true, but just because he has gone back in forth doesn't make him a tweener. He has the size to play LB in the NFL, and I feel he is capable of eventually filling the void Bulluck will leave when he retires. And, yes, Bulluck better retire a Titan.

8. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

Here is what I would do in the draft.

1 - WR I think we will see a couple fall to us that will be very good.
    2 - TE Matellus Bennett from a$m will be there and he has all the tools to be a heck of a TE in the NFL
    3 - DT - The guy I really love is Derek Lokey but he might not be available here. I might also go for a DE for depth but I think we should really look at a DT simply because we are seeing right now what our defense looks like when AH is gone.

9. ONUV

ONUV Starter

Titan's picks. spent 10 minutes on this.

1. quentin groves or derrick harvey (DEs)
    2. james hardy or d.j. hall (WRs)
    3. dominque rodgers (CB)

of course, some picks could be traded for larry fitz or chad johnson

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

We're one injury away from a lot of guys starting that we don't want. And some guys I'm more scared of than Gardner.

I wouldn't draft based on that, but Bulluck will eventually have to be replaced. That time is not now, but maybe they'd draft a guy early and sit him again like they did Keith. On the other hand, I think we needed LB help more then.

I guess I would look at LB depth yet again. Is there a position we rotate players more?

It's fun to play along with this stuff, even this early, but we're really flying blind this year (so far) as things could get crazy in FA.

I think I'll still play along with the draft stuff :ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar