My VERY early 2008 Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Carpy, Nov 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Drafting on potential and combine results is nothing new. Stupid? Sure. Illogical? Nope.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Best WR concept is all wrong.

I hate this notion that we absolutely have to take a WR in rd one. I think you never put yourself in that position. Take the best player period. The 2 real stud WR prospects won't be there.

Defense is the strength where we will be drafting. Corners like jenkins, mckelvin, cason. DEs like jackson or blake. DT like okam. If hope's future is in doubt and phillips is there i would take him. The top TE in the draft might be there a guy like carlson.

We have so many doubts and questions, pacman, what free agents we will lose and sign. To just say we have to take a WR is just wrong thinking..

3. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

I don't think anything is going to be set in stone, I can see us taking a DT in the 1st more so than a WR. There are lots of good receivers that can be taken in the 2nd and 3rd but few really great DTs.

I would love to see us Get Matellus Bennett in the 2nd he really has it all but the biggest drawback is his attitude. Another might be Fred Davis

I really don't want to see us take another DB in the first even if we lose hope we still have Packman and can either keep him or trade him before next season.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

If we don't consider pacman worth keeping then what is his market value?

If hope is out then we have to start lowry 16 games but what if lowry goes down?

I think DB is exactly where we need to look because of the uncertainty of hope and pacman. A stud safety would give us all kinds of options with griffin who could be our nickel or slot guy in passing situations. A stud corner could be our starter opposite finnegan for the next 8 years. Our defense is strong at linebacker and in the line let's keep drafting quality athletes for the secondary.

Our first 2 picks should be DB and DE in either order. Take the best athlete each time. In rd 3 or maybe even 4 go WR. Maybe come back with some o-line help in the middle rds.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

First priority is if Albert Haynesworth will be back next season. If not maybe a DL. Like Groves from Auburn who can play DE and OLB. If we do re-sign him I still like the order of WR, DL/LB, RB, DL/LB, then whatever else, probaly DB.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Vince, why would DB be your last priority when hope has a career threatening injury, pacman is a question mark and harper is 33 years old and will turn 34 in september?

DB is priority #1 if we expect to stay a top 10 defense.

Even if we can't sign haynesworth we will have him one more year by franchising him. DE won't be a desperation position if we keep laboy because we still have another veteran in fisher.

Stewart and bell are both FAs and olson and mawae are going to be 33 and 37 respectively next year but o-line isn't a priority either?.

Runningback? With all these other issues you still want a RB?

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Griffin and Griffin starting Safeties would be worth the draft pick.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Marcus Griffen..

6'0

Projected 40 time 4.50

All big 12 safety

Led longhorns in tackles with 97

Had a 91 yards int return the third longest in school history.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QcaGLM-TduY&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QcaGLM-TduY&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Stewart is not going to be a FA.

10. talldrinko

talldrinko Guest

1. limas sweed wr texas ,vy fav target at texas & nfldraftcountdown has us taking him at 21 , malcom kelly going 14th wr ok,d. jcakson cal 18th & maro m. michigan 28th & early doucet wr lsu 30th,we could rade up or sit back for sweed or mario,doucet would be a stetch.
    2.johahn goff lb vandy would be a best in middle.
    3.dustin keller te purdue 4.65 & great intagables,smart & can stretch field

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar