Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Mystery Steam Over Fukushima Could Be Sign of Another Meltdown

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by World Peace, Jan 1, 2014.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. World Peace WAKE UP AMERICA - NFL IS OVERRATED

Moolah:
    $3,650
    In other news, the Department of Homeland Security just bought 14 Million Packages of Potassium Iodine today. TepCo, who has been proven to be run by the Japanese mafia, was hiring homeless drunks to help with the cleanup. Scores and scores of US Navy sailors have developed cancer and thyroid problems due to assisting in the cleanup.

This is a serious problem and no one is talking about it. If the government is going to buy 14 million packages of Iodine, don't you think it would be a good idea to have some for yourself? I feel bad for anyone who lives on the West Coast but the truth is, this disaster effects us all and the fact that no one is talking about makes me want to create threads like this raise awareness.
  2. World Peace WAKE UP AMERICA - NFL IS OVERRATED

Moolah:
    $3,650
    On a side note, the govt bought the cheap stuff, potassium iodine. I highly recommend nascent iodine for everyday use.
    GoT high fives this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

GoT Strength and Honor

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $167
    • Tip Jar Donor

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $466
    I see you didn't take my advice about the lawnmower, pity.
    The Hammer high fives this.
  3. Tennessy XO Part time love is the life 'round here

McNair
    Moolah:
    $5,946
    Ninja y'all dumb.

This is a straight cover up. They don't want us to see this leaked photo from Fukushima.

Fry, Titans Eternal and GoT high five this.
  4. Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $1,374
    @ Nascent Iodine

This is all frankly... bullshit. I had never heard of "nascent iodine" before and after doing some research it is described as an iodine atom with an incomplete number of electrons. I guess this means that it doesn't have a full octet. What does this in theory do, well it would make the iodine atom extremely unstable and highly reactive. In the few cases of academic literature where the term nascent iodine is used, it is indeed highly reactive, short lived and most likely cannot be produced and stored in an ethanol solution. Anyhow, we could spend pages talking about the crappy science behind these product descriptions. From the patent description I would like to focus on two things.

First, as previously mentioned, there is not a magnetic force on earth (that I am aware of) that breaks covalent bonds. Especially not one that is available for the few thousands of dollars to make an economically feasible iodine supplement. An MRI is typically 0.5 to 3.0 tesla in strength, and that is nowhere near strong enough to break covalent bonds (otherwise everyone who got one would die). In fact you can put a frog in 10 tesla magnetic field and it walks away fine (confused maybe, but fine). No covalent bonds are broken. The second thing has to do with the figure. In the figure the glass vessel is shown open to the air in a bath of sulfuric acid and zinc and copper. Well in a mixture such as this hydrogen is produced from the zinc and sulfuric acid, the reaction is catalysed by the copper.

Hydrogen gas, when mixed with iodine forms iodic acid in a reversible reaction. So any reaction claimed by the author is probably a result of either acid fumes leaking into the open iodine-containing vessel (if the figure is indeed correct) or a reaction if molecular hydrogen and iodine.

This is just another attempt to sell a bottle of dissolved salt at high price to hopeful individuals.
  5. Tennessy XO Part time love is the life 'round here

McNair
    Moolah:
    $5,946
    Go to sleep man.
  6. World Peace WAKE UP AMERICA - NFL IS OVERRATED

Moolah:
    $3,650
    Nice job copy and pasting from google. That paragraph failed copy scape.
  7. Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $1,374
    Uh, actually I moved that singular sentence down so you would be sure to read it.

But K, Eric with a K.

I'M A GROWN MAN
  8. World Peace WAKE UP AMERICA - NFL IS OVERRATED

Moolah:
    $3,650