Nande delays trip to Nigeria

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Starkiller, Jul 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Not surprised. Everyone had advised him not to go. He misses his Mother, but making the team and getting a contract will help her more than him seeing her. If he makes the team and gets a good contract, she can come to America.

How tragic would it have been if he actually went to Nigeria and was murdered!

2. Nine

Nine Starter

I'm glad to hear that his story has attracted the attention of people who can get something done. If he's got senators offering their assistance, then things should move much more quickly than they would if Nande was working on his own.

Who knows...if they can pull the right strings, maybe he could even have his family here by season's end.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

all began with my signature :brow:

I just hope he gets them back safely.

4. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

So Starkiller... Do you ALWAYS read the Grand Rapids Press?

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

He should be able to get her here once he signs his contract. At the least, once he gets paid for rookie season, they should let her in next spring. Especially if he's got political help, it shouldn't be a problem.

6. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

From what I've read, my impression wasn't that the US wouldn't let her back in, the problem was the Nigerian government wouldn't let her out.

7. Oh yeah, all the time... :ha:

No, it was linked on PFT.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

A.D., this article isn't clear, but it says that her temporary visa was expired, and that efforts to bring her to the US have been blocked because they couldn't show that they had the means to support the family. That sounds like US visa reasoning to me. I don't see why Nigeria wouldn't allow someone to leave for America because of financial reasons.

Anyway, no matter which side is preventing it, it should be much easier with a full year of NFL salary and some senators helping.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Depends how the Nigerian government feels about it...or even know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar