Nashville’s attempt to land draft dates back several years

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Pro Football Talk, Jun 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pro Football Talk

Pro Football Talk Titans News

[​IMG]

Nashville is one of multiple cities with interest in hosting the NFL draft.

And the city’s interest didn’t just bubble up.

Nashville’s Convention and Visitors Corporation president Butch Spyridon told the Nashville Tennessean that the city and Titans have kept the NFL appraised of their willingness to hold the draft for several years.

“We expressed very serious interest that if they ever wanted to talk about (moving the draft), we wanted to be at the table. And even if they hadn’t thought about it, we wanted to plant the seed,” Spyridon said, according to the Tennessean.

With the three biggest media markets — New York, Los Angeles and Chicago — all in the mix as locations for the 2015 NFL Draft, Nashville’s selection to host the upcoming draft would be seen as a major upset. However, should the league start to move the draft from city-to-city on annual basis, a la the NBA, Nashville would seem well-positioned to at least seriously be in the discussion in future years, given the city’s connection to the Titans and its stated wish to hold the event.

[​IMG]

2. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

I'd love for it to be here, imagine watching the draft in the Grand Ole Opry. I wonder if it would stay free though.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'm there if Nashville hosts.

4. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

GoTitans carpool?

SHOTGUN.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. XO

XO Nevada Native

Somebody swing by and pick me up.

You can head east up through ATL and grab Scarehoe before looping back to Chattanooga and up back to Nashville.

6. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Don't forget to head north to pick up all your Knoxville bros. RavensShallBurn LosingBy3

We might need a bigger car. Or a pedo van.

7. XO

XO Nevada Native

Titans Eternal has one

Calls it the Candy Wagon

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I tolerate most of you guys, but you are ****ing crazy if you think I am taking a 4+ hour road trip with you all.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

We'll bring drugs.

10. XO

XO Nevada Native

I have weed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar