Nashville restaurants/dining

Discussion in 'Nashville' started by TitanJeff, Apr 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tommygoldman05

tommygoldman05 Is loving the Titans

Rippy's smokin' bar & grill

2. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

There's a Fat Mo's in Hermitage also. Lebanon Rd. across from the Publix center, next to the Exxon. Just east of Andrew Jackson Pkwy.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Sorry for the late reply. I taped a big Pond flyer to the door of their empty space the day The Titans beat The Ravens so it's been at least that far back..

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

food isnt worth going out to eat imo.

i just grab a quick sandwich at home. all you need is a full stomach.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Jesse, you've said stuff like that before. Don't bother coming into a thread like this if you can't appreciate what's being discussed.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. bored1

bored1 The Colt killer

Im not a local but i do visit usually a few times a year and LOVE the scoreboard's burgers up by opry mills. Also there is a russian place downtown by the sheraton called sevala's i think awesome breakfast

7. TitanMatt

TitanMatt Bleed Blue!!!

Burgers - Rotier's or Brown's Diner
    Pizza/Beer - Mafioza's
    Breakfast - Loveless Cafe. The hashbrown casserole is to DIE for. Pancake Pantry or Germantown cafe is also good.
    BBQ - Jack's BBQ or Whit's.
    Mexican - Baja Burrito.
    Late Nite Food - Cafe Coco
    Popsicles - Las Paleta's. dont ask, just go.

those are just off the top of my head too haha.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Real Mexican vs whatever..

If the restaurant is larger than 6000 sq feet and has seating for more than 30 people it is probably not authentic enough.

The little dives with the BBQ out front are real mexican. Ask if they have menudo or look for it on the menu. If it is not there then the reastaurant is not authentic.

Whole fried tilapia is another indicator.

Ask if they have tongue, tripe, chorizo or BBQ pork(pastor) for taco fillings. All authentic places have those.

What about tortas? Delicious mexican sandwich on french bread with your choice of meat filling.

Check out those taco trailors they are authentic!

If you really want to eat like a Mexican or Centro americano go into one of these places and order a steaming hot bowl of soup like menudo, pozole, caldo de res and eat it with lots of soft warm CORN tortillas and the condiments they provide.

That is our #1 family meal when we dine out in nashville. My inlaws would rather go to Las americas for a bowl of menudo than to ruth chris for a steak.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Bosnian actually. I'm dying to go there.

Balkin cuisine is way unappreciated as wonderful mediterreanian cuisine. Bosnia, Serbia, Croatia are just on the other side of the Adriatic from Italy and share many typical mediterreanian foods like olive oil, tomatoes, pasta etc but there are also strong German and Austrian influences and some Russian as well. A very interesting cuisine.

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Went to Miel for the first time this week. Not bad french-style food, though also not cheap. Has some nice froglegs as an app, and then a lamb dish as an entree. All components to the entree were amazing on their own with the lamb, but they didn't necessarily all go together. It was more like a good piece of lamb with five or six different things to try with it. I was impressed that every single one of them was actually really good.

It's on 53rd off of Charlotte, right behind Bobby's Dairy Dip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar