Nashville Skyline to get new look soon

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Puck, May 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

;)
    I work with alot of Firemen, I'll have to ask how they feel

2. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Nashville is a beautiful looking city. Perhaps that'll finally serve to motivate me to get down there to experience the Titans playing at home. The city I live in (London), also has a minor league baseball park downtown on a riverfront. Back when the Detroit Tigers AA affiliate played here (mid 80's?) "Labatt Park" was voted the nicest minor league park in North America by "Baseball America" (yes Labatt Park is named after the beer which was originally brewed right here in little old London). I have a nice view of the London skyline (such as it is) out of my living room window; sadly the ballpark is obscured by other buildings and trees.

....WOO HOO! I was just interrupted by the mail man dropping of my 2006 Rose Bowl DVD at the door (along with other assorted Amazon goodies)....

I Googled around for a nice image of ye' olde ballpark here in London, but really couldn't find too much (what a backwards town I live in). I did find out it is one of the oldest ballyards still in operation North America.

I really like the idea of downtown sporting venues. We opened up our new hockey arena here in the core area about 2 or 3 years ago and it's been a huge success (despite our local politicians' best efforts to screw things up).

I’m going to start seriously looking into taking a trip down to Nashville this September or October. Just turn left at Detroit right?:)) How long will it take me to drive from Detroit? I’ll just go ahead and assume that there are always tickets to be had at the Stadium on game day as long as I’m willing to fork out the cash.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

as pricey as gasoline is right now, it migh be cheaper to fly

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Looks good, I'm really excited about a lot of the new apartments being built around downtown. I'm planning on moving back in two years as soon as I get out of law school, and I'd love to be able to be somewhere like that.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

this developer is building condos all throughout downtown

the green building being built next to L&C, Viridian is an upscale residential building
    right next to the new Symphony Hall is Encore (another res. development)
    then there's the Cumbrland (on Church St.)

lots of residential spaces for people to live downtown
    if you wanna pay $300k for a 1 bedroom condo

6. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

Giarratana worked extensively with us [my neighborhood] in planning the development of the old Belle Meade Theater property near us. He was very accommodating to come up with something that was acceptable, even going so far as to lose rent on vacant property and pay interest on a loan with no development underway as we worked our way through the process. It was refreshing to work with someone who wanted to put in something that the neighbors wanted, not just what HE wanted.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

it appears that some people are displeased with what was determined for that site

8. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Good way to get out of doing any yard work :winker:

9. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I can write off the gas so that's no problem. I'm used to the long drives; I make the eight hour journey to Montreal every month, and besides what could be better than a drive through America's heartland in late September/early October?

My question does remain unanswered however; Does anyone have any idea how long it takes to drive from Detroit to Nashville?

PS: Perhaps and edit to the sig is due. These multiple spinning smilies are slightly nauseous.

10. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I'd allow about 8 hours + any stops you might make.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar