Nashville Skyline

Discussion in 'Nashville' started by stump1000, Sep 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I've never understood this "progressive" state of mind. I lived up north for a while. I just don't understand people there. Most talk smack about minorities behind their back, probably to me because after listening to my dialect, I'm certainly a "redneck". Those same people criticize others for being racist. They assume southerners are racist, but they live in segregated communities. They care about things that don't matter or aren't prioritized properly. They would ask their government to build a sanctuary for some obscure animal species while they're drawing unemployment.

We're not progressive because we don't drive hybrids. We're not progressive because we don't support entitlements. We're not progressive because we have churches. We're not progressive because we like guns. We never get any brownie points for our stable economy, booming industry, talented artists, respect for self-responsibility... the list could go on.

I don't think we're coming around. I think we'll just continue to thrive while being "unprogressive".

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

It's typically because we have a large group that paints us in a bad light. Northern areas don't have the same type of cartoon characters we have here parading ignorance.

Our education system is terrible also, which doesn't help. That and the willingness to be tricked by politicians every 4 years with the Guns, gays, and God tactics also make us look bad.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

"Waaah I'm gonna cry about where I live and do nothing about it..."

You know why they call a b**** a b****? Cause that's what they do, b****.

4. Deuce Wayne

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

6. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I would say our public education system is light years beyond what I saw where I lived in western Michigan. Just my opinion though.

I can somewhat agree with the rest of your post, but pretending like they don't have a bunch of goofball politicians up there is just as asinine, because you won't get voted into office unless you assure the public that fiscal responsibility is not on your agenda.

When I lived up there, I missed everything I had down here. I couldn't find a single Sonic Drive-In in the entire state of Michigan. You would probably hear more about things like that if southerners were packing up all their belongings and migrating up north in droves, but that's not how it is, is it?

7. Deuce Wayne

True, true...

8. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

I know I am a little behind on this thread however, I was born and raised in Nashville(well Smith County, the out skirts) but Nashville is one of a kind. Trust me, I wanted to get out so bad, wanted to see other places and live other places and I've done that. That being said, once you leave, you will miss it terribly. I've been in Vegas for 2 years now and I absolutely hate it here. There is seriously nothing to do in a city of 2 million people. I don't gamble, I rarely drink, and 90% of the restaurants are severely over priced. That is 99% of what there is to do here. No museums, no history. No true parks. 90% of the people are transplants like me. Now am i ready to go back to Nashville? Not at all. But I will miss it til the day I move back. The next stop on my list is either NYC or Boston. I am getting this stuff out of my system while I am young, single, and no kids. But I'll end up back in Nashville one of these days.

PS, Chatt town doesn't have Sh** on Nashville

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Just my 2 cents

Skinny girls suck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar