Nashville Skyline

Discussion in 'Nashville' started by stump1000, Sep 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I'm not doubting, really. I've only hung out on Tims Ford lake. I'd say it's a lot nicer than that area... which isn't bad, just not a place I'd look for females.

A lot of my more attractive girl friends go tubing... which is crazy to me, but hell- I guess if they're on the river here and there, they could just as easily be at a lake.

2. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Even if you don't come out and say that you hate it...... You have made plenty of negative comments in general about the city and the people so don't be shocked at the responses.

I travel for work a lot. Manhattan would be awesome if you have no kids and make enough to pay $3k-$10k in rent.
    LA- fun to visit and they on't close at 10pm......but drive into the wrong neighborhood accidentally.....good chance you might be shot at. Also a bit like south Florida in the fact that it seems sometimes that English may not be the first language.

Nashville is a big-small city. Big enough with small town feel. Affordable in comparison and relatively safe.

I've known many people that have moved here from LA, Boston, etc.......99 out of 100 love it. Most of the others are former LA musicians who moved here because of the music industry (and it's slow death in LA). They make more money than they did there.....pay half as much to live here.....make snide comments about the lack of LA style clubs, cafes, etc......and then when one opens they make more snide comments about how we are LA or "big city" want to be's.

There is theatre, broadway plays, football, hockey, nightlife, beautiful women, 4 seasons of weather, hospitality, friendly people.....
    I like it.

If it's not your thing.....that's ok. But stop the negative comments like the one about people being 10 years behind in thoughts or whatever that was. One thing that ticks us southerners off is to talk down to us.

3. Deuce Wayne

I wish our theater scene was better. Guess I can't complain though. It is Tennessee... so for us to have as decent as we do is pretty good.
    The 10 years behind thing is a general observation most make when coming from other areas. I've lived here most my life and still see that. We're just not the most progressive area. That's a church thing I believe, though. At least, that's where the traditions of these old mindsets are kept alive.

I think we're coming around. Just very slowly.

4. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Truthfully, it's not that I don't agree......I'm fairly progressive thinking although I have lived here all my life. I just know it is viewed harshly. Like I said, I travel and I work for 2companies......one based in Boston and one in LA. I get the snide remarks all the time.

5. T-Rac

T-Rac Resident GoTitans Brit

Well aside from the various views on Nashville whats the place like from a photographers P.O.V, some nice scenes to grab or is it generally dull bar a few buildings. Not expecting the golden gate bridge but I'm hoping that I haven't chosen an NFL team situated in a relatively un-photogenic location :lol:

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Do you mean just downtown or the Nashville area?

7. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I said Lover's Hill on the first page.. morning/sunset and you'll be golden.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Pretty sure the place you're describing is called Love Circle.

One thing no one has mentioned: we have an absolutely amazing new symphony building. Not always the best of shows, but astounding acoustics, and some pretty good performers coming through. Went on Thursday and I always forget how much I like the building until I'm back in it.

9. Deuce Wayne

I think it's a good place for photography, honestly.

And I haven't been to the symphony's building yet.

10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

yanno photography is what you make of it. What I may see as a great picture somone else won't.

I have seen a great shot of the hard rock guitar rotating (if you know how to set your camera up correctly). The neon lights of downtown, the fountains on legislative plaza, the old bldgs, Union Station, The Parthenon (full size replica) in Centennial park is a good place to go to get some pictures.

Look around and open your eyes to what is there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar