Rumor Nate is gonna be traded or cut

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Apr 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

I think that's about right.

2. XO

XO Nevada Native

Britt - X
    Hunter - Z
    Wright - Y

Hunter said today they will be putting him at the Z.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'm glad someone else got this.

4. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Nate is put in the trade block the day free agency opens up. Reports of the Titans not being pleased with his effort last year start to surface. Nate says he'd rather be cut than traded. The Titans make a substantial trade to move up and select Justin Hunter. Nate drops to 4th on the depth chart, our 4th reciever is making 5 mil., which is more absurd than a 1200 yd. RB making 10 mil......it's really looking like this thing is headed towards the departure of Nate Washington.

If the Titans could release him this year without owing him anything, they probably would have done that by now. I think Ruston would take a 7th if it meant getting out of his contract. And a team would probably give a 7th if it wasn't for his contract.

5. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

Don't Detroit really need a WR?

They cut Titus Young and Nate Burleson had a broken leg and the Rookie Ryan Broyles is still coming back from a torn ACL

6. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Nate won't be the difference from us being a contender or a terrible team by any means, but if we cut Nate and say Britt goes down again, we are suddenly putting Williams or Hawk or someone like that in there. Don't under estimate the value of depth.

I think we can have a very strong WR corps without Nate in there, but we just haven't seen enough out of anyone to assume they are all great yet. Nate is kind of that safety net. You know what you are getting. We don't know what we have in Hunter/Britt. And 1 reliable WR can be a huge plus for a young QB ... if Nate does get cut, it at least won't be until after TC. I mean we haven't even gotten to look at Hunter play yet and we are already cutting people for him

Also I was listening to Munch on the radio earlier, I don't think the Titans had any intention of taking a WR going into the draft. According to Munch Hunter was their #1 rated WR and they were sure he'd go in the 1st. They just couldn't pass up the chance yo take him in the 2nd.

So I don't think they drafter Hunter with the intentions of replacing Nate.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

When it comes down to it for me, I don't think a safety net is worth 5 million this year. Especially if we're going to need money to go after a pass rusher and now apparently Winston at RT. I think Kenny Britt, Justin Hunter, Kendall Wright, and Delanie Walker is a lot better core than what most QB's have right now. Williams is solid and Hawkins (even though he's over paid) is alright. Also I've just never really been that high on Washington anyways. I doubt he would really stand out much if it wasn't for everyone else on offense struggling or injured. From what I remember he was pretty inconsistent as far as catching the ball his first 2 years here, then had his 1 1,000 yard season, and last year he did alright. My expectations of him over these last 2 years is a steady decline in play. It just comes down to value for me and I don't see it, doesn't mean our FO will or won't but if it was up to me I would get whatever I can for him and use that money to either save for next off season or bring in a pass rusher and Stewart insurance.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Stop sleeping on Damian Williams, hes good.

9. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

He's average, could probably top out somewhere that Washington has. Few good seasons, never anything special.

10. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

If we hate to cut Nate to get Winston and/or Idonije, then Nate must go. It's business, nothing personal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar