National Signing Day 2013

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by XO, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XO

XO Nevada Native

Yet it is still rainbows in unicorns in Knoxville. Fans and media continue to make excuses for the guy. Usually the same people who kept supporting Dooley for three years.

People don't get it. CFB is becoming something different and UT is being left behind.

That is fine though. I'm an alum and they will always have my support as a university but I'm about over the athletic department. My wallet will wake up when they show that they are ready to become an elite program again. Until then I'll send the money I'd usually spend on tickets and merchandise and send it to the English department or something.

I'd rather watch the Titans get hammered and spend my money in Nashville.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

National signing day; the day every college football fan goes crazy over 18 year old kids who they've never seen play a single snap. Think about this, you're getting your panties in a bunch over a kid who was playing against high school players where 98% of them were like the idiots you went to high school with.

With that said, there is DEFINITELY some illegal recruiting going on at Ole Miss. No way in hell does a guy like Austin Golson, an FSU commit for over two years, all of a sudden flip a week before signing day.

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I think you are going a bit overboard.

There are 6 SEC teams that vastly outperformed us and we stayed in line with the rest.

Everyone freaking out over Auburn's class needs to remember their coach was actually with Auburn not long ago and had a hand in recruiting some of these signees.

If we don't do better next recruiting season then there may be concern. But I really only see that happening if we have a losing record and then yes there is real reason for concern. But damn, at least let CBJ coach a game before damning him lol.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. XO

XO Nevada Native

It was a dumb hire.

I'm afraid the program has been set back even further.

My biggest fear, worse than him turning out to be a turd, is that he is actually above average. He manages to grind out 8 or 9 wins in years 3 and 4 and he gets an extension. Never wins a championship but never does enough to get fired and we become Georgia Version 2.0

Then you never get back to where you need to be but honestly I believe 75% of Tennessee fans would be just fine winning 9 games and going to the Peach bowl ever year. Maybe beating Alabama or Florida once every 5 years or so.

Nightmare.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

we have a Chipotle so screw you

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. XO

XO Nevada Native

Everyone has Chipotle

Genghis Grill is where it is at.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Starkville might be the worst college town in the history of college towns. I mean I'm sure there is worse but to be a somewhat major school it's miserable there.

8. XO

XO Nevada Native

They have a mellow mushroom

9. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Hokies #16 according to ESPN...not bad...#BEATBAMA

10. jdog

jdog I like beer!

Fulmer was a good recruiter but ended up with several prima-donnas ready to go to the draft their freshman year. Recruiting is important but not the end game.
    I was told by a university coach that it's not where you start but where you end up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar