Nats Deal for Wily Mo Pena

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by DCtitan49, Aug 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

Story:

Nationals on friday traded a player to be named for Wily Mo Pena and Cash with the Boston Redsox. Pena was struggling with Redsox, batting just .217 with 5 home runs and 17 RBI's in 73 games of work, the nationals who have been trying to improve there power numbers, saw him on the market for such a cheap price, and started talks with the redsox. Earlier last week talks started, but they were eventually stopped because the nationals wanted to get all there draft picks signed before the deadline, as soon as that was done, talks fired up again, and a deal was reached easily.

Wily Mo hit his first home run as a national today, upper deck against the mets, right now he is batting 2 for 6, .333, with a double, a homerun, 3 runs scored and an RBI in 2 games of work.

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

He's a player that will benefit GREATLY from playing in the National League, as the pitching isn't nearly as talented as the American. Given that he's a power hitter who strike-outs, this should be a god-send to his game. I remember he was a cool prospect for the Reds before he struggled in Boston. He's still really raw technique-wise, but I like the addition of his sheer power-potential.

3. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I really liked him when he was a red...I think he will be a good power hitter for the Nats.

4. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

He's an Adam Dunn type. He'll give you 40 home runs over the course of a season, but he'll strike out a lot. He's still raw as a defender, but has a cannon for an arm. I like the move for the Nats, considering that they probably didn't give up much for him.

5. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

we gave up a bench player for Wily Mo and we got cash with him, which is something we are going to need this offseason, the puzzle pieces for the nats are finally starting to fall into place. i think we are 1 pitcher and 1 more big hitter away from being a comptetive team. and we have a great farm system, one of the best in the majors, next season people will be surprised how good the nats are, i can really see us challenging the braves/mets/phillies for the NL east, or at least challenging for the wild card.

6. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

The Phils will win the division next year...with a middle reliever and a starter that we add in the offseason but well make the Wild Card this season.

7. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

the phillies are way to talented not to be atop the division every year, they should be tied if not better with the mets right now. they had a horrible start like the nats.

8. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Yeah we always seem to start slow and end well. If we had just 1 solid middle reliever I think we would be ahead of the Mets. The division next year is going to be really close with the Nats getting a little better.

I hope the Braves fall off soon I'm sick of them they somehow find a way to stick around.

9. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Not with a guy named Texieira. Sorry, just a little excited because Mark Texieira is killing it again

10. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

Pena 2 for 2 with another homerun (WAY GONE) and a single, 2 RBI's, boston is kicking themselves every second they see this guy play.

nats pounding astros

7-0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar