NBA Draft Continues to Amuse

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Finnegan2win, May 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XO

XO Nevada Native

Love the NBA but David Stern is the worst person in sports.

There are not too many teams.

Just a few stupid markets.

I'd put a basketball franchise in Louisville TODAY.

Oklahoma City and Memphis are excellent markets. Charlotte is an excellent market if they can ever get themselves together. Needs a completely new name and color scheme though.

Why do we need the Brooklyn Nets, Milwaukee Bucks, Minnesota Timberwolves, LA Clippers, Sacramento Kings, Portland Trailblazers?
    There are better markets for these teams.

Las Vegas, St. Louis, Cincinnati, Baltimore, Seattle, Pittsburgh?

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Umm Seattle Super Sonics? And Brooklyn is better than Las Vegas cause Brooklyn is filled with people who will buy tickets, and Vegas is a dump for the most part.

3. XO

XO Nevada Native

You don't need two teams in NYC or LA.

The Sonics moved because their new owner wanted the team in OKC, his home town.

He bought the team and instantly pushed for a multimillion renovation to the arena which the legislature rejected.

This allowed him to move the team. Bennett knew exactly what he was doing.

The Sonics had support and are still missed.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

So send the Bucks over to Seattle then, problem solved.

Or even better send the Raptors over there.

5. XO

XO Nevada Native

There will be another team in Seattle within 5 years.

All 48 of Shawn Kemp's kids should be ready to become Super Sonics by then.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

lol

7. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Shawn Kemp was an incredible player. I used to collect basketball cards and whenever I got a Kemp or Jordan.. it was good times.

It would be cool if he had enough kids to field a nba team.

also 3rd edit, Seattle sucks for not keeping the supersonics. Funny how it works. Seattle was my favorite team back then, and now.. it is OKC.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

There is some interesting stuff going on but the Stern blocking the Paul trade is a little over used. It was a horrible trade...

-Pau Gasol, the best player in the deal, was going to Houston
    -Kevin Martin, good scorer but that's it and he's almost 30
    -Luis Scola, over the hill.
    -Lamar Odom, umm....
    -Dragic? and a 1st round pick.

If I'm trading my franchise player (which I wouldn't) I'm going to make sure I get some talent in the future and not just a group of role players about to be past their prime, or in some cases already done.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

depends, as GM are you on a multi year contract of do you have too win now?

10. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

OK City is actually a great market, considering they have no other pro teams. The Grizzlies actually tried to move to Nashville before Memphis, but that was the same time frame the Preds and Titans moved here, and a city this size can't go from no pro teams to 3 in a 3 year period. All of those teams werent surviving (likely the Preds, but they were the first team with a lease on the arena so they had the leverage over the Grizzlies). Charlotte is a horrible market. NC is a college state, Charlotte is equal to jacksonville, the people care about the college teams more than the pro, and always will.

Seattle has a great fan base and like Houston with the NFL, will get a team in the next several years. THe other places you noted, the NBA obviously isnt attracted too. Baltimore-DC already have a team in every major sport, 2 in a few sports. Pittsburgh the NBA would be competing with the Penguins, which the Pens would win that battle, same with ST Louis and the Blues. Sacramento will be in Anaheim in 2 years (or maybe Seattle, but they are leaving Sacramento for sure), and Cincinnatti is a UK market, and college basketball will always beat out the NBA around Lexington and Louisville.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar