NBA Offseason

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by RyansTitans, Jul 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

We dont have a thread for the offseason so there we go.

Some news.

According to multiple league executives, the Cavs and Sacramento Kings have restarted talks to bring Mike Bibby to Cleveland. The two teams nearly completed a deal shortly before February's trading deadline and have been in discussions again over the past several days.

A version of the deal was close to happening Thursday, sources said, in a three-way move with the San Antonio Spurs.

The Kings, looking to add more scoring to their front line, have been interested in Drew Gooden. According to a source, Damon Jones also might have been included in the potential deal.

Bibby, who has two years and $28 million left on his contract, averaged 17.1 points and 4.7 assists for the Kings last season. He has an opt-out clause after this season, in which he will make $13.5 million.

Without salary-cap room and with the market being a little bare for point guards, the Cavs have actively been pursuing trades to pick up a playmaker to help their offensive issues.
    In other Cavs news, there has been no movement in talks with free-agent forward Anderson Varejao.

Varejao's representatives, who left the Las Vegas Summer League without a deal Thursday, and the Cavs are believed to be millions apart. The Cavs have said re-signing Varejao is an offseason priority.

Some of you may not agree with me on this but I think bringing in Bibby is just what we need to get to that extra level.

He will do wonders for LeBron

2. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

It would be a great pickup for the Cavs.... in 2004. As much as I liked Bibby in his hayday, I just think that he's on his last legs as a prime time player.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Luis Scola.The Rockets just traded for the BEST Euro player anywhere. The MVP. We practically stole him from the Spurs because the Spurs refused to bring him in at Power Forward. Woo hoo. Rockets. That fills our weakest position for a player who said he would never play again in usa, spanoulis.

4. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Watchout for Yi in a Kings jersey.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

6. PhiSlammaJamma

Yi is a good buy right now. Milwaukee needs to unload him for anything they can. They made a big mistake.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He had contract issues with his old team that's why he didn't play last year. Apparently Chicago were interested in him as well.

8. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

Bibby would be ok, but he definatly isnt the long term answer at PG for the cavs....

9. PhiSlammaJamma

Adelman seems to make players appear better than they actually are. If you look at players who played under Adelman, they had career years like Divac, Bibby, ect.. and then they regress. It is an interesting phenomena. I don't know what to make of Bibby. But a few years ago he was pretty good and confident. I don't know what happened. He's a solid addition to a team in the finals though. He should be considered an upgrade.

10. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

hes not even a true PG tho, hes like a lesser version of Gilbert Arenas, Scoring PG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar