NBA Plan To Stop Tanking -- Rethink The Draft

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by The Hammer, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Toronto does shockingly well off the court considering how horrible they have always been on the court. Solid attendance and excellent TV ratings.

I think too much of it comes down to how the NBA has manipulated the game to showcase stars. If you do not have a star then you are screwed.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

There's enough talent in the NBA to go around. The NBA has huge issues when it comes to the regular season..

The thing about the NBA is that it seems like it's just a serious cycle of the same crap year after year. Top players in college get drafted to the bad teams and constantly get left in the shuffle. How many times do you see a good or overhyped player go to a bad team? You see it every year. Then within 2 years, the team that drafted him, trades him and his career is down the drain.

Also, the Owners and GM's don't do a good job at all in selecting their Head Coaches.. What's the life span of an NBA Head Coach? Damn sure seems like 8-12 months if you ask me. Way too much turn around going on in the NBA..

The NBA needs to do what college basketball and football does. Give them weekly rankings and make the season a little shorter.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'm sure they'll be happy about it since it means they haven't been bad (or in the NBA case, unlucky in the lottery).

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

There are also too many regular season games. The lockout year was great when there were only 60-something(or was it 50?).

5. The Hammer

I agree. Same with the NHL. Wait until January and play a short season. It is perfect. But alas that will never happen permanently :shakehead:

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Anyone see the Bulls uniform right now? Yikes..

7. The Hammer

These?

[​IMG]

8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Nets may not need to tank as long as Jason Kidd is the head coach.. What a joke.

9. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

you know that was the only year I really enjoyed basketball never really made the correlation with that

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

yeah.. there would be a whole lot of money lost. Franchises would go under. Half the games=nearly half the income.

Think about how much money the NFL would make if they could start their season in May or June, and play 32 games per season.. It would be insane for them. They'd have to do a lot more rotation.. teams would have to have 2-4 QBs playing in each game.

they would have to do lines like the NHL.. rosters would be enormous.. over 100 per team I'm sure. It would be fun to watch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar