NBA Playoffs Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Gunny, Apr 27, 2011.

?
  1. Atlanta Hawks

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  2. Boston Celtics

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  3. Chicago Bulls

6 vote(s)
    24.0%
  4. Miami Heat

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  5. Orlando Magic

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  6. Dallas Mavericks

6 vote(s)
    24.0%
  7. Los Angeles Lakers

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  8. Memphis Grizzlies

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  9. New Orleans Hornets

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Portland Trailblazers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Honestly, if you think about it, why should Lebron have anything postitive to say about the people who want to see him fail. Should he care about them? That's a bit ridiculous and it's a loaded question. The reaction he had is pretty normal for most people. People aren't thinking about if they were asked that question and what they would think. While he would be better off not answering, the answer is not only normal, it's probably what you would expect. Very few people actually love people who want to see them fail. Then they say he's sensitive to public opinion. Well which is it? Is he sensitive and cares, or is he the guy they are saying he is here? Double standard. He can't win until he wins. But this is nothing new for superstars.

2. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

this is somewhat of the quote he gave when they asked him what he thought of people that wanted to see him fail... give or take a few lines:

“All the people that was rooting on me to fail, at the end of the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today,” James said. “They have the same personal problems they had today. I’m going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that.... They can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy about not only myself, but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal. But they have to get back to the real world at some point.”

well... here's the real world for you Lebron... you have no rings.. in fact, Adam Morrison has 2 more rings than you

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

No surprise to see LeBron NOT win, haha.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Lebron is doing a good job of becoming more unlikeable.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Which is quite the feat. Seems like he's constantly trying to 1-up himself in that aspect.

And this is why he's not Jordan or Kobe. They never came off as spoiled little girls.

As far as us going back to our personal problems?... I've got just as many rings as Lebron does. I guess we have that problem in common. Wonder if he thought about that when he woke up today?

[​IMG]

I wonder if he'll be wearing another "check my stats" shirt in the offseason?

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

It feels so good to be able to say "I told you so", LOL. LeBron aint built for winning titles.

7. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

Damn it Deuce. I saw that picture and was hoping to god no one put that up yet. Touche my good sir...touche. :grrhee:

8. What do Lebron and the Jews have in common?

Both were destroyed by a sick German. lolol

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I would say most of the great ones have been hated at some point in their career, for long periods, it's not that unusual. Lebron is like most of them, endeared and loved, hated, and then loved again in the end. It's a bizarre little thing our love hate relationship with most great players. Some are hated for pretty much the whole career, but most have their ups and downs with the media.

Hated at some point
    Jordan - When he was just a scorer, gambling, cheating, ego, but most loved too.
    Kobe - the incident in colorado.
    Barkley - A whole lotta stuff, though endeared for it now.
    Karl Malone - Everyone hated his knee to the groin style, generally dirty
    Stockton - Stone cold grabber of shorts, generally dirty playa
    Lebron - The Decision
    Wade - Part of the Decision
    McHale - He was a celtic, frankenstein, enough said.
    Reggie - Trash talker and soft
    Thomas - Bad boys
    Rodman - you name it.
    Pippen - Quitter
    Ewing - G-town thugs
    Iverson - the possey and practice

Disliked at some point:
    Bird - Just an annoyance and ego at his height
    Dumars - Bad boyz
    Pierce - The injury
    Payton - Trash talker
    Kemp - Womanizer
    Kidd - Wife beating
    Moses Malone - Brutal style of play
    Worthy - mucho cop trouble

Choker or Soft ( at some point ):
    Dirk - 86 finals
    Gasol - always comes across as soft
    KJ - could never deliver

Good Guys:
    Duncan
    Drexler
    Robinson
    Olajuwon
    Allen
    Garnett - this is debateable, but often liked.
    Nance
    Chambers
    Hornacek - though his Jazz days dirty him a bit

Heroes generally:
    Magic Johnson - Pretty much loved, though he had his trials.
    Shaq - I don't ever recall a lot of hatred, though some of his comments from time to time were troublesome and needed an apology
    Penny - generally don't recall any dislike for Penny or Little Penny.
    Erving - Everyone seems to have liked Julius.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar