NBA thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Gunny, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i'm not worried the cavs got shaq.

last year was the first time since 2004 shaq played more than 60 games. he played 30 minutes and averaged 18 and 8. he's not the shaq that d-wade and kobe won championships with.

in my mind the celtics are the team to beat in the east, especially with KG coming back.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Shaq does present some unique challenges. He may clog the lane for Lebron. I've seen it before. When Houston got Yao, Steve Francis had a hard time getting into the lane. It didn't stop Kobe though, when he was with Shaqlocious, so it can work. Shaq just has to stay on the move so that when Lebron drives he can take the dish. It will not be a super smooth transition, but they can do it. Shaq will not score ( like he used to ). He still has a nice touch around the rim at time. He always suprised me with his touch throughout his career. I don't think Cleveland gains a lot myself. I've seen enough big men late in their careers to know that it won't get better. It's only going to get worse.

The one thing that Shaq does bring night in and night out is fun. I'm not sure that Cleveland was missing that, as they have Lebron already, but a loose team is dangerous. You gotta have fun out there.

Cleveland needs some more players like Artest in my opinion, who on nights can get you 25, and who on the off nights will play D. That's the ultimate type of robin that Lebron sort of needs. You get two or three more decent players who can get you 15-20 every once in a while and you have a chance. Then Cleveland will be set. I don't see that right now.

I thought the Lakers to be the aberration because their wing guy is softer than you'd like in Gasol. Odom is not a huge scorer either. I really think Kobe did this whole year by himself with a little help. I look at him team more like the Olajuwon team where he had a few good players all around him, but nobody else who could carry a load.

To be honest, one player both Orlando and Cleveland should covet is battier. If you want to bring Kobe down a notch, Battier can do that every once in a while. He's a good spacer for the three as well. He's overrated, but he is a leader, hits the three, and bothers shooters. Does all three extremely well.

Did I get enough Houston into the post? lol.

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Wow your impatient. Everyone knew Oden was a bit of a project and this year he had 9 ppg, 7 rb and 1 block. Not horrible for a rookie season. I don't think anyone expected him to be David Robinson his first year. Except you, or else he's a bust. :rolleyes:

4. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Beasley had an average rookie season and probably was about the 5th or 6th best rookie. There's no way there were 10 players drafted last year that I would pick to have over him if given the chance to reselect today. If you think there are, you're a fool.

5. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

The only reason that Oden was a bad selection at 1 is because of who was sitting there at 2. Oden still has a very decent chance at being great. He's got size, skill, timing, and he enjoys basketball. The only negative so far is his injuries that are keeping him down.

And as far as you being the only one that had Oden at 1, you give yourself way too much credit.

I beg to differ. Blake Griffin is a physical presence inside whose worst case scenario is Paul Milsap. The guy is just too competitive and too much of an athlete to not be a solid player. He might never be great, but I think that his jumper is better than you think. We'll see. =)

It takes time for almost every player to adjust. Just because someone has an average rookie year and looks overmatched at times against players many years their senior doesn't mean that they won't adjust and overcome. Look at Chris Paul for crying out loud....

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

This is what gloat the "draft expert" (lol) doesn't get. Everyone's a bust after 1 year. Hell Kobe Bryant didn't even average 8 points his rookie year. I'm sure gloat had him labeled a bust too.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

No. I get it, but Oden simply isn't good. Just like Blake Griffin isn't.

guys that are only successful in college because they're bigger than other college players rarely ever make good NBA players.

oh but keep waiting. Here again in a year you can tell me that it's still too early to call Oden a bust because he's only played 1 full season. Then after that...and after that.
    Blake Griffin? You wont even remember him to come back at me.
    He's Tyler Hansbrough.

8. Jazzy Titan

Jazzy Titan yum yum eat em up

14/5 sucks for a rookie that came off the bench? I guess sun Yue is a bust to, damn kid didnt even get on the court for a horrible lakers team.

now as far as the azz go, not surprised to see boozer opt in but i was very surprised (but very happy) to see okur opt in. At worst utah has about 34 million in expirings for next year. Hellio Lebron :D clearly i know he wont but maybe another of the top free agents if we can do something with Ak's deal. Or just resign the players that brought us a title in 2010. We were the most injured team in the league this past year I believe.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Pistons signed Ben Gordon for $55 million.

I have to question the Bulls drafting two power forwards when they most likely knew they couldn't afford Ben Gordon. I guess Hinrich will start a the 2 and Tyrus Thomas will be gone when his contract is up.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Sun Yue isn't a bust just because he's the guy everyone just HOPES will do well, but no one really expects anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar