Ncaa 09??

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Deuce Wayne, Jul 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

For PS3 users, I have the latest roster update which has all teams except 4 (which is apparently when the glitch that they are fixing kicks in).
    If you want them, on NCAA main page go to -

EA Locker
    Then Download roster or something like that.
    You then can chose from your friends list or search, if I am not on your friends list search for 'gunny5'
    It will ask you to download, yes and you are done it will download.
    Then just load them and you are all set.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

How have you liked the game so far? I'm still debating getting this or waiting for Madden.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Get both, that way you can upload your NCAA draft classes into madden, so you can draft real players.

Or there is probably some way to download draft classes for free, so I'd go with Madden which is usually better.

4. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I like the game ok. I've never played an NCAA game before, so I'm not sure how it compares to other versions.

A few comments from me (and I am basically just an off-line Dynasty player)

The recruiting section is fantastic. I like this a lot. Identifying your targets, working them during the season and trying to get commitments is very enjoyable.

The Defensive Back AI is AWFUL. QBs (both mine and CPU opponents) regularly compete 80%+ of their passes. CBs seem to have no concept of zone defense and routinely just let their WR catch the ball before tackling him. It is almost impossible to stop a team from marching down the field on you if they continue to pass in the short-medium range.

Kick Returns are WAY too easy to score from and way to easy to give up Kickoffs for TDs. It used to be impossible in Madden and this has taken it to an extreme the other way. I have played 9 games in my first season and scored on 4 kick returns and given up 4 kick returns for TDs.

If you don't adjust sliders, the CPU will constantly break your tackles and you never will break tackles or fall forward. Played Georgia before adjusted my sliders, and Moreno was dead-set impossible to tackle. I'd have 3 guys with a clean shot on him and he'd just shrug them off. He's good, but there is a level of realism that's missing right now.

It's still an enjoyable game, but I need to keep playing with the sliders to get the passing game more realistic. It's almost Arena football at the moment where I just try and manipulate the game so I have the ball last to try and win games.

Also, I haven't mastered the running game yet and need to work that out.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I've been playing it for a while and their is a couple things I do and don't like.

1) They don't give you enough time at the line like they used to. I can barely give the WR a hot route and get the snap off in time.

2) The QB Quiz after a INT. I had to disable. Who really cares if you get the correct answer? I'm still mad I through a int.

3) I like the recruiting. It's pretty cool and just about real life type of stuff.

4) Campus Legend is pretty awesome. I hate how they'll automatically put you at starter. This year you have to earn it.

5) They said FG kicking wouldn't be automatic like it used to be. If you take off the freeze kicker then it's the same.

I love this game. I would totally recommend this. I give it a 9/10.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Oh I also hate the kick returns. It's way to easy for me and the CPU. It's an automatic starting drive at the 35+.

7. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

What do you really mean by working them during the season? Can you run them through mini drills or something?(which would be awesome)

8. Carpy

Each work you have 10 hours of "contact time" with your potential recruits. Ringing them and giving them the Hard Sell on aspects of your program to try and get a commitment from the recruits during the season.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I've only played 5 or so games, so I don't have a lot of experience.

I will say, I dislike the recruiting system. It's boring and tedious, to me. I think it needs to be more streamlined and they need to do away with the mini-game of finding out what each recruit likes and blah blah.

I haven't adjusted sliders, but that's interesting idea. Also, it is college, not sure what team you are using but there can be serious mismatches in the game it seems.

The 2 games I played against a friend of mine, UT vs. AU, he won both games. One of my biggest problems was Rodgeriqus Smith (AU's #1 WR) was burning Antonio Gaines (my #1 CB) all game one on one. With Kodi Burns it created a lot of mismatches for me, whether to contain the QB, or prevent the deep bomb.

West Virginia seems real good.

10. Carpy

I play with Arizona State.

No world beater, but they are a decent team. Carpenter is a very accurate QB and is competing nearly 90% of his passes. I just can't stop team's from passing on me. Deep bombs where I have time to control the defender and jump for the ball are fine, but short-medium passes are completed ALL the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar