NCAA Football is an absolute joke.

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Deuce Wayne, Dec 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I know this wont register, because most the people here are part of the problem. The "I agree with whatever ESPN spoon-feeds me, so I don't have my own opinion, and can't think for myself" crowd. But someone has to say it...

Oklahoma State just got hosed. The saddest part? We knew they would. ESPN/The BCS had decided long before this weekend that Alabama and LSU would be playing for the NC. The money was already in their pockets. They could smell it.

Oklahoma State could have beaten Oklahoma by 100 points- the BCS didn't care. Why? Because they're not in their favorite conference.

Now we have a pointless championship. And say what you want- it's pointless.

If LSU wins... we're where we are RIGHT NOW.

If Alabama wins... it's tied 1-1. Who's the better team? No one knows.

The BCS is ruining college football. Their system finally blew up in their face this year exposing everything that's wrong with it- and they'll still smile and wave their middle-finger to the fans saying "we'll do it again next year".

• High Five High Five x 7
  2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Look out guys it's a conspiracy theory!

You have your opinion and good job with the thread but imo Bama is the 2nd best team. We've used every stat, all reasoning, etc. The BCS is about having the two best teams in the championship and that's what we have.

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Deuce Wayne

... You guys prove the point.

Thanks.

Yes, it's a crrazzzy conspiracy that the BCS is all about money!!

Sheep.

5. Deuce Wayne

Every stat?...

Dude they had the 38th toughest schedule in the country. OSU had the 10th.

Beating up on Chattanooga State Christian College of Mathematics does nothing for the argument that Alabama is the better of the 2.

Alabama didn't play anyone all year. When they did they lost at home. That should end it.

Let the field goal party commence...

6. Hoffa

The SEC is absolute supreme...sucks for you, eh?

[​IMG]

Rant on please...lol

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Deuce Wayne

Unfortunately we wont know this year.

Since the BCS protected the SEC by matching them up with one-another.

I hope Oklahoma State sues.

8. Hoffa

We know, trust me, we know.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'm not trying to take anything away from Bama. They're a great team, but I wanted to see LSU/OKSU.

OKSU doesn't have the defense Bama has. In fact, it's not even close. But they're more explosive. I think it would make for a much more interesting game. I think it's pretty debatable who the better team is between Bama and OKSU, but that's just my opinion.

Can't wait for another 9-6 game. :rolleyes:

10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Basically Alabama was allowed to lose but OSU wasn't. Complete crap. Here's the problem, LSU/Bama is another bore fest and OSU crushes Stanford. The majority of the public (basically everyone who doesn't act like hoofa and Alex or any other SEC bandwagoner on this board) would be saying, "Wow why couldn't we have seen LSU/OSU? That would have been a better game!"

Would OSU have won? I don't know. Would they have been blown out? I don't know. What I do know is Bama had their shot at home and couldn't get it done. Yes OSU lost on the road to a bad team but they're obviously a better team than that. They have a Heisman candidate at QB, they got a first round pick at WR.

It boils down to this, Alabama was allowed to lose and OSU wasn't. The BCS is quite frankly the worst thing in sports. All of sports. My hope is that when it's all said and done, people (as usual with the BCS) will be left unsatisfied with the final result.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar