Ndamukong Suh steps on Rodgers' leg. Intentional? Punishable?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VondyP, Dec 31, 2014.

?
  1. Was Intentional, Punish Him

70.0%
  2. Wasn't Intentional, Punish Him

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Was Intentional, Don't Punish Him

20.0%
  4. Wasn't Intentional, Don't Punish Him

5.0%
  5. Not sure on intent, Punish Him

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Not sure on intent, Don't Punish Him

5.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

Okay by now everyone has seen the infamous "stepping on" of Rodgers' calf by Suh in the game this past Sunday. At first he was suspended for next week but now he is only fined $70k and the packers fans are in a blaze over it. I'm honestly surprised no thread has popped up yet so I'm going to get the ball rolling. What do you think?

Personally, I think the media blew this way out of proportion, and Rodgers throwing his little fit on the field was just icing on the cake. TJ Lang was pushing him back, Suh steps back once slightly on the ankle, then pulls another leg back and supposedly "balances and puts his weight into" Rodgers on the second go.

If you watch in real time, this goes very quickly and without Rodgers throwing a fit or the announcers replaying it in slow motion 8000x, no one would have noticed. Suh obviously has the "stomping" reputation so it has to be looked into but I think the media made more out of this than it was.

I'm going to say unsure about intent and don't think he should be punished. Quarterbacks get hit by cheapshots with no repercussions(or little) all the time and I don't think this "misstep" was worth a suspension or $70k fine.

2. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Stepped backwards, clearly knew he was on Roger's leg, then lifted his other leg to put his full weight on it. Sorry it was just one game.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

After watching the replay, it does not look like he originally intended to step on the leg. However, after he knew he had stepped on it I think that he intentionally put all of his weight on the leg...that is what it looks like to me anyway.

That being the case, I voted for punishment. One game is acceptable, but I disagree with the decision to not make the suspension game this week. If Rodgers had been injured by this could he have deferred his injury to the first game of the 2015 regular season? I think not.

4. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Please. It's called momentum. You think that big oaf can stop himself on a dime? And if he could, why would he? I don't see him looking back and even knowing Rodgers was there.

Ever step backwards on a dog and before you can stop yourself you step on him again?

Silly

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 2
    • Take a Chill Pill Take a Chill Pill x 1
  5. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Please, there's no doubt about what happened. His first step might have been accidental, but the second time sure wasn't.

His complete lack of response to stepping on Rodgers tells it all. The suspension should have been upheld, but oh well. The Lions are going to be one and done with or without that douchebag, and he'll be off to another team. With any luck, he'll wind up a Raider or Redskin and never sniff another playoff in his life.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Wins the appeal. Suspension lifted. Fined $70,000. If he wins the appeal and the suspension is lifted, how can you fine him money? Either he did it intentionally or he didn't.

NFL...

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Bonky

Marquis players make the 32 owners richer, you know it's all about the dollar

8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Great point. Just another blunder by good ol' Goodell. He sucks! As for whether Suh did it intentionally or not, there is absolutely ZERO question IMO.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Ill just leave this here and let people decide if Suh is a dirty player.

10. Bonky

Although I agree with your sentiment, Goodell had nothing to do with this one. He's not the guy who overturned the suspension and imposed the fine...

He still sucks though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar