Need a new epic show to get hooked on, which one out of these?

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by GeronimoJackson, Mar 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

heh wouldn't hold out a lot of hope for you liking Firefly then.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Watch Homeland.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Sherlock is the best TV show going around, too bad it's just 3 episodes per season (even if they are long episodes) and really random on when they do the next season.

I have started watching Elementary as well which is pretty cool and not the Sherlock-clone I thought it would be (aside from the modern day setting)

4. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Elementary isn't bad actually, a lot better than I expected, having Watson as a chick actually worked, but problem is BBC's Sherlock has set the bar so high, everything else Sherlock related just doesn't cut it.

5. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

Spartacus is awesome. If you have cinemax watch Banshee its new but its really good another good show on cinemax is strikeback.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Deadwood is the best of that bunch, and by a lot..
    I did like Rome but it was only good for a season then historically mashed-up for the second.
    The Pacific is excellent but a short series.
    All the Showtime shows named here are C+ at best..

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

LOL Banshee, (though I can't look away) is the dumbest, lowest common denominator, stupid-fest on cable.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

You're a t.v. guy, what shows do you recommend that are the level of shows like The Wire, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, first season of LOST?

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

HBO had a great great run when they were showing Oz, Sopranos, Deadwood, The Wire, Carnivale, Rome and Six Feet Under all during a few year stretch. Any of those are worthy of watching though my personal favorite would be Deadwood. I cannot think of a greater TV character than Ian McShane as Swearingen. The guy just tears up the screen. The closest thing to "Al" would be DDL as Bill the Butcher..

Have you watched Homeland? Excellent show. Probably the best Showtime has done..
    Hell on Wheels is another great straight shooter and of coarse Sons of Anarchy is stupid and fun..
    Are you interested in sitcoms etc.?

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Policewomen of Memphis.

Thank me later.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar