Need a video convertor

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gunny, Apr 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Got tonnes of Bulls games taking up space on my computer. I need a program that will convert the avi files to DVD whilst keeping the same or close to the same quality of the avi on DVD.

Anyone know of any programs that are good? Been through a few with no clear cut best.

2. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Why not just store them on the DVD as avi files?

Why convert them at all?

Most of the modern cheap DVD players will handle avi (divx/xvid) format.

The conversion to DVD format will turn them into mpg2, and you will lose compression by a huge factor.

3. I'd agree there. It would be much easier to just burn them as files on a DVD.

If nothing else, you can try 1 and see if it will play on your DVD player.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

they do play, the quality isnt too good though. (stretched on a TV screen)

5. Nothing you can do about that.

6. NYTitansFan

NYTitansFan Guest

WinAVI Video Converter is the best and i have a serial/crack for it too

7. NYTitansFan

NYTitansFan Guest

its almost the same quality

8. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

I think there´s a program called Avi2DvD,

BTW I learned not far ago that .AVI is not a video format, is just the "nutshell". If you don´t belive me change manually a .WMV to .AVI and watch how it keeps working (you can always chage it back) :)P)

i did so while using windows movie maker (which gives out .WMV) and placing it on a website with a Photo Gallery script which could reporduce just .AVI, so I just chage the extension and that was all.

by the way, is a friends band website called www.codigo-69.com the photo (and videos) gallery is at "Fotos y Videos"

The format would be mpeg or divx or xvid or something like that.

You can get plenty of info about DVDs, how to changes formats and stuff in

www.doom9.org

Best site I know about this!!!!! With plenty of tools to download and tutorials.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

cool
    thanks

10. NYTitansFan

NYTitansFan Guest

.AVI is still a video format. its just a diffrent extention diffrent programs require a curtain extention because of how its coded like you said windows movie maker uses .WMV because thats the way microsoft coded it.

thats what i learned anyway.

gunny if you need that program pm me;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar