Need an opinion or two on a Fantasy trade

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by titanbuoy, Sep 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

So I had my fantasy draft this weekend. It's a long running keeper league, and my keepers are starting to get long in the tooth. I had targeted the Titans' Chris Johnson and was pissed when he went to the guy picking directly in front of me (last year the same dick picked Adrian Peterson with the pick right before mine ... I got Lynch). After CJ was picked I ended up taking Chris Perry :irked: (I was definitely on tilt... just read the next name on my player rankings).

Anyways... I'm trying to decide whether or not to make an offer for CJ. Being a fan, I know I'm not objective on his value, but being a keeper league 1st round RB's always fetch a premium.

What do you think of this offer:

Brandon Jacobs
    Edge James

for

CJ
    Steve Smith (Carolina)

I figure I'll only make thoe offer after tonight's games starts so the rosters are frozen for week one (he'll have to eat week one of Smith's suspension).

Am I offering too much? Should I just let it go and resign myself to the fact that I didn't get him and move on (I guess I'm just irked because I never seem to be able any decent Titans for my fantasy team.... well the fact that there really aren't too many Titans that are decent FF scores might have a little to do with that).

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

It's a tough call.

Jacobs is the Giants go to guy when healthy.On the other hand Smith & Delhomme figure to bounce back with Stewart as a real threat in the back field.

Edge can still play but I think his fantasy value is very low.He'll have a good week every once in a while after which you'll play him.He'll then do zip until the week you drop him.

I talked myself into it.Make the trade dude.

3. Where was CJ taken this the draft? I got him in the 8th round in my only keeper draft with no other Titans fans.

You could try to trade a weak starter like Edge straight up for CJ.

4. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Yeah, you're right I should at least attempt a lowball offer.

Our league is ten teams, with 5 keepers per squad... so essentially the top 50 players are off the board before the draft starts. McFadden was picked first overall... CJ went with the 9th pick in the first round (as defending champ I had the 10th and final pick in round one).

5. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

I'd do it. Smith will have a big year with Delhomme back, and I could see CJ flirting with the 200 point mark, with the potential to go a lot higher.

Jacobs is a stud, but he's guaranteed to miss some time, which could come at the worst possible time. Edge is getting old, and Hightower is going to take a lot of carries from him this year. I stay as far away from Edge as I can in all my leagues.

IMO, you're getting a top 5 WR and a top 10 RB for a top 8 RB and a top 25 RB. You do the math.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

7. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

After stewing over this seemingly forever... I finally offered the guy my original idea of Jacobs and James for CJ and Smith (there's just no way I could offer him James for CJ straight up at this point). I just emailed him the offer a minute or two ago... I'll let you know his reaction (sadly I really don't think he'll bite).

We actually play each other this weekend.

8. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Got him!

:woohoo:

Hopefully he'll be on my team for the next 7 - 10 years. hehehe

I know I'm going to get nailed for being a Titans homer by my fellow league owners.... and they'd be right (but I still think I got the best of the deal)

edit: all I need now is for the Titans to acquire Steve Smith and I'm all set :))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar