Need help with a computer.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by RyansTitans, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Ive used one before. Never got a chance to get used to it tho.

2. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

I am not saying Mac sucks. well, i am, but i have had first hand experience and i find it terribly cumbersome. when you're raised on PC and build your own from scratch, it's hard to accept Mac into your life. Mac is a great product no doubt. but few houses [by a show of hands-type thing. if you did a study i'm sure a considerable amount have mac.] have a Mac as their main computing system with OS opposite windows/linux on computers. The entire system has a lot to get used to and i honestly couldn't recommend [to someone who uses windows/pc primarily] a mac.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

do this.

go to zipzoomfly (the webstore)

Buy a tower case. Buy a mother board chip set combo. Buy the 500 GB HD. You will need it in the future. You just will. Get a 128 mb or 256 mb video card. why the hell not, with all that money you are saving, you might as well. Get yourself 2 GB RAM. Get a copy of Windows Vista Ultimate. Get the biggest damn pc fan you can find. Your power supply should be included with the case.

That will be a better value than anything Dell has.

Go pick out a big fancy monitor with the savings...

maybe even a HD set that's compatible with you b!*chin' video card.

Think big.

4. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

Macs are fine i guess, if you want to loook at a giant ipod for your whole internet expierence....

5. or if you want a computer that just works...

6. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Sith Lords idea seems tempting lol.

7. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

:werd:

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

ok, this is one thread where I'll refrain from pimpin Macintosh

but in response to bababooey, there is absolutely nothing cumbersome about OSX.....especially if you're using Windows XP / Vista as a comparison

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

What the ??? does that mean?
    The internet experience is basically the same. You can evendownload Firefox for Mac if you don't like Safari..

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

That's an understatement. I run Vista at work and have an XP laptop for other purposes and totally prefer to use my Mac Pro. Windows is far more cumbersome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar