Netflix is Dying

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Fry, Aug 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

Copyright material goes into the public domain 50-70 years after it's created (depending on the type of material, the way it was published, date it was created, etc). Once material is in the public domain, anybody can use it in any way they see fit, and they don't have to pay the original creator a penny.

Disney has made much of it's fortune by grabbing stuff from the public domain and republishing it in their own vision. For example, Jungle Book, Aladdin, Alice, all of the known fairytale characters from Shrek movies, Peter Pan/Captain Hook, Cinderella, Snow White, Wizard of Oz, etc. Here is a complete list of over 200 characters they've made money from by using the public domain to recreate known stories without paying the original author/creator (or their family, in the cases of their deaths): http://pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Disney_Characters

That's fine, and perfectly legal. However, as the characters and content that they did create themselves are at the age that they are suppose to be entering the public domain, so other people could use them and profit from them, as well ... they are suddenly against the public domain and paying huge amounts of money to politicians and lawyers to get copyright laws rewrote to prevent their material from going to the public domain. Which is garbage, because they owe much of their existence and success to the system, but they are trying to prevent all others from benefiting from it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

Yea, I quit ESPN a long time ago. They 90's, it was awesome, I could leave it on and enjoy all the SportsCenters all day, really ... sometime in the early 2000's it unwatchable, for me.

I have FS1 just for UFC fights. I watch Dan Patrick and Rich Eisen on their daily shows, when I have the opportunity. But I don't need a sports news show, anymore ... that's been replaced by my phone, now. hahaha

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I do catch highlites at Old Chicago because it is in my face

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar