Netflix raising streaming prices

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Preditan, Apr 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XO

XO Nevada Native

WNBA gets me hot.

I watch highlights (lol yeah right) in an incognito tab on my laptop.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah, that's the thing.

The only good movies they have- everyone watched a long time ago.

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I don't really know if you should spend $10 a month and expect brand new movies.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I think it's good for the money. I've discovered a lot of shows that I would have never watched if not for Netflix.
    Regular Show, Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Malcolm in the Middle, Archer, Venture Bros, House of Cards,

All shows I would have never seen if not for Netflix.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Peep Show and IT Crowd are both awsome

also watch Deadliest Catch. Have no interest in following the current season. Just wait for New Episodes to appear in NetFlix

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

A guy I worked with asked me if The Hobbit was on Netflix. This was the very week it was released on DVD/blu-ray.

I told him "no, that just came out on DVD." His response: "That's bull****!"

This is my generation. Entitled c*nts who are incapable of being grateful for anything.

It's like Louis CK's bit where he talks about the douche on the plane who complains about the wifi not working.

If we went back in time 15-20 years and pulled up Netflix on the TV, everyone would sh*t their pants in disbelief. But since we are in 2014 it's like the worst thing ever.

That said, I will have to cancel Netflix if it goes above $9.99 unless I am out of school and have a good job. It's not because I think it's unreasonably priced. And as I've said, they could offer a better selection and double the fee, and I'd be fine with it. I'm just running out of stuff to watch.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

If you like IT and Peep - check out The Inbetweeners.
    Some of the funniest shiz out there..

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I almost made this exact point earlier in the thread. Forget 15-20 years ago. If you could even go back 10 years and tell people that they would be able to watch pretty much countless hours of movies and shows, on demand, for less than $10 per month they never would have believed it. Or they would've been screaming "where do I sign up?!?!" Now people act like it's somehow not "worth it" just because it doesn't have everything under the sun. Pretty ridiculous really.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Brand new? No. Just not 1980s and every "Picture of the Year" films everyone has seen 20 times over.

And if you want to talk price: I can redbox 10 dollars worth (10 movies) and have new releases 2 times per week.... vs Netflix's.... never.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

They had Thor and Captain America out not too long after they got off the big screen. Same with Transformers, its not perfect, but you are still talking about $10 a month.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar