Netflix's New Policy

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Fry, Jul 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

You forgot video games :)

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The who and the what now?

3. Is this "outside" the place where I can never find an electrical outlet?

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

good points Jay but I think Blockbuster was toast as soon as those Red Boxes with new releases started showing up in front on McDonalds. I investigated buying Redbox stock at that point, but it was still privatly held mostly by MCD IIRC.

As for Netflix as long as they are being onboard intergrated into DVD players and game consoles they will be good IMO.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Technology killed Blockbuster. Period.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

My God man you are talking about $6 extra dollars a month and even at $16 a month it is a great deal. Just think back to renting VHS for $2 per night.

I wouldn't react emotionally but would examine the service and cost and determine if it is worth it that way. I doubt Netflix is going to lose sleep over you leaving anyway so you won't be making much of a statement. You have the most to lose if you really like watching a bunch of movies each month. What are your options?

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Fry

That's more than fine. I'm a believer in every time you pay for a service you're giving your approval of it. I don't approve of paying more for the same service, so I won't be doing that.

As I said earlier in the thread, I've watched pretty much everything movie-wise that would be interesting to me that they have available to be watched instantly. That's my sticking point. I would be paying more for something that isn't improving my experience. I can watch Howard the Duck instantly but I have to wait a week to get Inception on DVD. Thus, I've pretty much stopped watching movies and have been sticking with the TV series they have available(which are not enough to be satisfactory when doubling the price).

I've had to watch Mad Men and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia on a separate, free site because it would take me months to get caught up by mailing disks back and forth for two shows that have four+ seasons. Why would I pay more for something like that?

I might go back in January with a separate email account for a free trial to see if their library has improved. If I think it has improved to my liking I might go the $7.99 deal for streaming.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

9. wg53

wg53 Starter

So they should just keep the prices the same while their expenses go up 10x if not more?

10. Fry

They should improve their service with higher prices.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar