New CBA is done

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Starkiller, Mar 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. True, but those teams still have less money to spend that we do.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

yeah, but Gunny says we won't spend it

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I'd love to hear what Reese is thinking right now

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I said we won't splurge ala Washington.

5. Titantonic

Titantonic Camp Fodder

I keep hearing $102 million salary cap. Upshaw said the $10-million increase that was being reported as part of a new CBA was never accurate. Looks like it's going up about $7.5 million. If the Titans can get McNair re-structured, they could have some decent money to spend.

6. Pit Bull #53

Pit Bull #53 Guest

One of them was Ralph Wilson, whom they interviewed, and he claimed the only reason he voted against it was because he didn't understand what was going on, HAHA. What an old fart :banned:

7. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

the rookie contracts will be limited to 5 yr deals this yr...............expect hold outs and tons of voidable options..................so they can redo the deal in the next 2 yrs when amortization returns to its normal 6 or 7 yrs.....................

8. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

here is a post of mine laying out some of the new CBA terms...........not official but this is some of what some FO guys have said is in it................

Today at 08:54 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

they have tinkered with the rookie pool I am told but I dont have any hard facts on numbers yet..................Mac deal is going to be worked out soon now I am told................they key point was made by the Jets and Pats at about 9 AM that swung the big market owners to get the deal done.......the Ravens and Steelers added some finer points on the 10% rule as it will be called...........................then Jones was left with the Brown and wilson family who were just nickle and diming people..............this deal was on as soon as Kraft and Woody offered up the revenue compromise.............................One report is that the 17 lowest revenue teams will not contribute to the player pool, as part of the new collective bargaining agreement. The pool will be funded by the top five teams in revenue contributing the most, the second five contributing less, and the third five teams contributing less than the top 10. Low-income teams claimed high-revenue franchises should contribute proportionately to the player pool because they can earn more income through advertising and local radio rights...................moreover the over the cap rules have also changed and this will clearly effect teams like the skins who have used this loophole to get over the cap the last 4 yrs using incentives likely to be made but not counted by the rules............those are now history.................the skins will adjust.

Teams will be able to use their franchise tag on a player more than once, but if they franchise a player for a third time, they will have to do it at a salary equivalent to that of a top-five quarterback, the highest-paid position in football.

Contracts for players selected in rounds two through seven of the collegiate draft will be limited to four years in length. More and more teams have been trying to lock second-day draft choices into five-year contracts that prevent the player from hitting restricted free agency after year three and unrestricted free agency after year four. This is th ePhil Savage rule being limited.

9. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

SOunds really good to me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar