New Coach

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by talldrinko, Sep 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I like Singletary but he's not even a DC yet. I think I'd rather have someone that's a little more experienced.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Everyone gets their chance at some point. I'd leave Fisher and Chow, and hire Mike Singletary. He's my current choice for DC.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

That sounds kind of crazy, but that's what I'd do right now. If they can let Schwartz "get promoted" or something, gracefully move on, that's how I'd do it, not that I care. I'd like to give Chow another chance after some time with Young starting in the system; he might still mature him the best, and I think Fisher as a HC would be hard to replace. I would probably exercise Fisher's option this year. Not sure what I'd do about Floyd, but I'm rather ambivalent right now. Maybe he's turned a corner. Still waiting to see how this last two drafts pan out.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Mike zimmer...

Dallas DC his defenses have finished in the top 10 7 times in the last 10 years. Schwartz has never accomplished that. Working under parcells the last few years certainly helps his pedigree.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Who is Baltimores DC? He's doing a good job.

Nolan would have been ideal, look how well he has done with San Fran and that low level talented team.

6. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Singletary is San Francisco's "Assistant Head Coach/Defense". I think a move to Titans' Defensive Coordinator would be a lateral one and not allowable if he's under contract for next year. Even if it was permitted, I'm not sure what Singletary's motivation would be to move from San Francisco to work under Fisher in what would amount to the same role.

7. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

Heck- don't even have a head coach or a coordinator.. Assign 2 digit numbers to each play in our playbook (both offensive and defensive), then for each play roll 2 dice- the first dice being the first digit, the second dice being the second digit (roll a 2 and a 6 and you run play 26). Hey, the odds say we wouldn't win, but then again the Titans are paying our current coaches a whole lotta money- just to lose 40 to 7. Just a thought.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

greg williams...note to gunny..

I think successfully working with joe gibbs for a while has certainly helped williams' resume and he did leave the bills with a quality defense. If an improved defense is the goal(YES!) williams is one of the top prospects along with johnson and zimmer.

Note to gunny, any team could forbid a coach under contract from talking to another team. It would be considered tampering. There is an unwritten courtesy rule that teams almost always allow their assisstants to interview for a higher job. Back when george allen wanted to leave the bears for the head job with the rams(1966) there was a lawsuit that the bears won! They then promptly fired allen anyway so he did take that head job.

The contract issue for williams is that the redskins are paying him big time head coach money. Same for al saunders their new OC from kansas city who is getting $2M a year!

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

That's not the same thing. He's the linebackers coach. Words don't make it a higher position. He's their Dave McGinnis.

10. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

<-------------Will coach the Titans for food!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar