New Dolphins stadium

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Feb 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

That stadium is just plain awful as is and I'm shocked they won't just rebuild elsewhere - but the first question that comes to mind is what happens with that top-hat when the next Cat 4 Hurricane blows thru Miami? That material will be taking out entire neighborhoods when it lands..

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Its gotta stand up to tests Im sure, no way would they invest that kind of money into something that sets up to become projectiles throughout Dade country, right?

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Welcome to south Florida..
    75% of the houses there probably don't meet roof code (that u-bolt directive for roofs after Andrew) and literally EVERY beach condo is subject to falling into the ocean this weekend if the right storm swell occurs.
    I would not be surprised at all that they underestimate what as storm can do to a structure.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

If I have a fiver for every time palm beach County paid millions to bring in a thousand acres of beach sand - simply because the old sand just "washed away" one afternoon..
    That shoreline has shrunk hundreds of feet inland since I lived there as a kid..

5. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

You would only have to CGI our fans in. You could use tape from actual games to fill in the rest with away team fans.

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

Our stadium seats 69,000. I remember the CGI-ish video they played at the Vandy stadium when the Titans played there. Luckily our stadium lease is done in about 15 years so in about 10 years, we will start talking about a new one. Hopefully, there will be even more advances then. I also really like them taking a play out of the European Futball playbook and covering all the seats and not the field. Makes the game day experience so much better.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

That means The Titans better contend for real in the next decade. No way this town foots the bill on a new stadium with a product this inferior.

8. yanek27

yanek27 Starter

Is that CJ at 1:07??????

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

keeping this updated

looks like they're well underway in Miami

[​IMG]

10. DaCost

DaCost Starter

I live in Miami almost my whole life and this stadium(upgrade) makes no since the fans don't even want it.This is just a stupid war between south FL and North Fl. Miami and Orlando make all the money while Tallahassee and the others keep it all for no reason.This is just Miami way of saying F you Florida we are using your tax money on this.

Same thing happened with the Marlins stadium which is empty every single day because Miami fans are old or dumb and are leaving in the past*cough Dan Marino best Qb ever*cough see I did it to because I'm one of them.

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar