New Forum Design

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gunny, Jul 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Yeah, it's a little bit wider now. There's still some disparity between the posting screen and the viewing screen, but it's not a big deal.

The new color scheme rocks. It still feels like the same site, just better. When you mentioned you were doing an update, I was afraid that my home on the web wouldn't feel like home any more, but it still does. Just like we got some new furniture ;)

2. Broken Record

Here are a couple of screen shots. You can see that on the posting window the navy portions on each side are smaller because the main pane is bigger. Hope this helps.

Posting Screen

Viewing Screen

3. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

To repete everyones views, looks great. The width of the posting boxes works perfect on my screen.

4. Broken Record

As you can tell, I don't have anything to do today except beta test the new forum design, but the issue I'm talking about seems to be specific to Firefox. Looks better in IE version 7.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm having some issues with Firefox for mac and corrupt cookies on the main site. I've not had any issues with the forum yet.

Try trashing the cashe and dumping the cookie from this site to see if it has any impact.

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

@Broken Record:

Isn't is just because you've scrolled down beyond the Advertisement that take up the white space on the right?

Also the added whitespace around the actual messages is because they're indented in relation to the "thread tool bar".

7. Sledge

Sledge Guest

I'd make the text font Titans blue, easier to read...

8. Titandude

Titandude Stand Up Guy!

The new skin is nice! :))

9. Broken Record

I thought it might have been Vigsted, but it's not. Check these screen shots out from the forum index and you can see the difference. Jeff, I deleted the FF cache and cookie and still got the same result. Also, just wanted to make sure you know that this doesn't bother me at all. I'm just trying to help you out with troubleshooting.

Internet Explorer

Firefox

Check out how the sub forums get bunched up in FireFox.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

That's strange. What you should see is what you get with IE. I need to look into that. My FireFox for mac doesn't do that. There should be more space between the sub-catagories.

Before I mess with this too much, does anyone else with FireFox for the pc see this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar