new HCs 2014

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Thaddeus43, Dec 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTH

RTH Meh...

Capital letters are bad energy.

2. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

ARE THEY?

3. RTH

RTH Meh...

[​IMG]

4. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

Head to head whiz has lost to every new headcoach he has faced, all of which posted a worse record last season than that of the Titans.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

Funny the texans are doing it with a qb we cut

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

Could that be because the have a good coach?

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Does it concern anyone that Whiz thought he had better talent entering the season? If anything, a head coach with as much experience as Whiz should know his talent.

Conclusions?
    1. Whiz is just overly optimistic to the point he is blinded to reality.
    2. Whiz can't evaluate talent.
    3. Whiz lied (coach-speak).

Let's hope it's #3.

#47 TitanJeff, Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
    • High Five High Five x 2
  8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I don't know TJ, I was MUCH more optimistic about Whiz early on. Crappy talent or not, he has been atrocious. His play calling, clock management and decision making is highly questionable. Not to mention his use of players, and starting guys that have no business to.

#48 JR1980, Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2014
  9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

TJ, it's very concerning. Nobody here thought the Titans had the most talent in the league, but conversely we also never believed that we had the bottom third of talent either.

We all pretty much agreed that with better coaching this team would be very competitive and push for at least a .500 season.

Conclusion: The Titans have gotten nowhere near better coaching and that has shown greatly in the misuse and drop in production from EVERY SINGLE player. Kendall Wright looks below average, Nate looks done, Hunter looks like a Bust, Locker looks the worst he's ever looked, OLine has NEVER been this bad, Greene looks overweight and 10 years older.

I can understand some drop-off, but the entire team? WOW

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Starter

It's dangerous to take what a HC says publicly as an indication of what he really thinks. He's going to paint the team in the most positive light at every opportunity. It sells tickets, yes... but more importantly, he can't do the job you need him to do when he's calling out his players, GM, or whatever.

It may not look good at the moment, but I'm truly worried about having Whiz & Mett in my division. Sankey & Casey too. 2-10 is not a true reflection of your team or your coach. More than likely an organization amidst the flux of change, many deeper than we can see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar