New Head Coach possibilities for next season?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Dec 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

That pick alone disqualifies him from any head coaching wishlist I will ever have.

That guy had four first round picks in two years and traded away another to trade up in the second round. Those picks ended up being Demaryious Thomas, Tim Tebow, Knowshon Moreno, Robert Ayers and the second rounder was Alphonso Smith. Thomas is the only good one but they replaced Brandon Marshall with him, so it's a wash.

Dude went full retard in Denver and you never go full retard.

• High Five High Five x 5
  2. rodgev

rodgev Starter

Hire Lowry as head coach and replace him with Donnie Nickey

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I would laugh, but deep down I know it's a legitimate possibility.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

No doubt the Tebow was dumb. Mcdaniels has learned ALOT since then and he's energetic and bright. Good offensive mind. He would be good on the short list.

Zimmer also good but I've never been impressed with his interviews. Sounds like a bitter douche in several of them. I don't know much about Horton.

5. Fry

Other than working with Tom Brady, what has he done? The Rams were dead last in almost every offensive category last year under McDaniels and his teams in Denver were awful because of the moves he made.

I guess he made friends with Brandon Lloyd over the years...

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I understand what you're saying but the Rams were near the bottom offensively the year before he arrived and the yer after he left. He had relatively little time to install his system. He didn't get much chance to choose personnel or get the players comfortable enough to execute consistently.

My point is not that McDaniels is the favorite, but rather he deserves a close look among others (like Zimmer, Fewell). His past doesn't scare me at all. He's worked with belichek for years and this organization is in dire need of a different approach. Especially one that has been influenced with some post season success.

7. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

i wanted fewell when munch was hired and want him now...but we need to look at oc's whod actually want to come here...anyone making a lateral move we can count out...and former head coach we can count out. i dont know too much bout up and coming nfl coaches maybe were gonna have to get down with dowell

8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

To be honest, I actually wouldn't mind Chip Kelly these days.

9. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

yea me either but kelly will go to a bigger market that needs a coach....san diego....or someone like that...i doubt hed come to tennessee even though jl and cj would be perfect for his o

10. Fry

I'd be genuinely shocked to see that offense have an sustainable success in the NFL. You just can't run 80%+ of your offense out of the shotgun and be successful, just ask Cam Newton.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar