New Head Coach possibilities for next season?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Dec 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

the thing is with Chip Kelly and any highly sought after College coach. They're going to wait for the ideal job to open up, a la Jim and John Harbaugh. And by no means is the Tennessee Titans Head Coaching spot the "ideal job"....

2. Don Johnson

Don Johnson Detective Sonny Crockett

Josh McDaniels, Chip Kelly, Pat Fitzgerald, Mike Gundy, John Gruden

3. Don Johnson

Don Johnson Detective Sonny Crockett

The funny thing is as much as you guys hated fisher and wanted him out, look who has the last laugh. The rams aren't as talented, were coming off a much worse season, and had the "terrible" Jeff Fisher as coach. Yet, they're 6-6-1 and are very much alive in the NFC wildcard race. And look at us lol, sitting pretty at 4-9. Be careful what you guys wish for. We're going to go through some ****** coaches before we find THE guy. Will we be the bills, browns, or maybe even the raiders? Who knows?

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I don't want a retread coach who already failed some other place. Josh Mcdaniels' teams in Denver were horrible. They could not stop anybody or run the ball. Not physical at all.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Zimmer vs Fewell..

I think Fewell is a solid defensive coach and certainly worth a look but we have to be honest that he has had elite talent to work with. An average coach can produce a good defense with those players and that is a great organization that has used a lot of draft capital on that side of the ball.

Zimmer has done more with less. Especially when you consider the bad luck he had with injuries. He has brought in refugees that few people wanted like pacman and Nelson and got something out of them.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Nobody mentioned anybody from Jim Harbaugh's staff which almost miraculously turned a scrub team into a super bowl contender.

Greg Roman is the offensive coordinator who helped turn around Alex Smith's career and turned Vernon Davis into a super player. He built a great running game at Stanford and his offense rarely turns the ball over. He works well with young Qbs and his offense is physical.

I absolutely do not want a spread college coach. It's a gimmicky offense that doesn't translate 100% to the nfl. Jake Locker is not a spread QB!

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I want someone that's good with QB's and knows how to install an offense. Defense I'm not too worried about, we're a couple solid players and a qualified DC away from being a top 12-15 defense. It's offense I'm worried about and that's mainly developing Locker and using the weapons we have effectively (getting CJ quality runs, Cook, Britt, Wright, Thompson?). If we can get someone to groom Locker into a good QB then I think we'll be set.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Chip Kelly...seriously? He can't even win a big game in college how do you expect him to go against NFL defenses?

9. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

1) Fat Jeff Fisher.
    2) Crazy.
    3) Crazy.
    4) Out of the game forever.
    5) Out of the game forever.
    6) Out of the game forever.
    7) I like this one.

At least you aren't saying Norv Turner for OC.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I agree that's why Roman would be at the top of my list. He knows how to get the most out of a mobile QB. Even Alex Smith's mobility was used in a positive way.

Bring in the right DC and draft well and we will be fine there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar