New Orleans

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titans2008, Jan 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

2. I'd bet good money that the Saints don't even pick at #2 (or trade the player later).

Benson is cheap (which is why he hired Sean Payton), and he could be forced into selling the team. If that's the case, do you really think he'll want to pay some rookie a $20M signing bonus up front? Hell no. They'll trade down, add some later picks (possible future early picks to make the team more marketable), and take someone who will get a much lower SB.

And if they do trade the pick, you can forget about Bush. Even if the Texans take Young, someone who trades up would probably want Bush, IMHO.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

please draft matt
    please draft matt
    please draft matt
    please draft matt

4. NYTitansFan

NYTitansFan Guest

my thoughts exactly

5. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

I've heard a lot of thought that if he intends to sell the team to someone who wants to move it to LA, drafting Leinert is a no-brainer.

6. Maybe, but does that make the team $20M more valuable?

7. Greenlawler

Greenlawler Gorman Thomas Fan Club

No good point, but if you play in L.A. you need the marquee name to put butts in the seats and selling the franchise to a city thats blown it twice already.
    But...I'm not sure Vince is not just as big a name anywhere, even L.A. right now.
    But one point I have not seen anyone banty around is that its not like Louisianna is 40 hours from Texas. These are border states, thats just one of several good reasons the Saints look at Young.

8. maximus

maximus Starter

If Bensen wants to sell the team for a move to SC, Matt would be the best pick, unless was Bush was there(which is doubtful)

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Right now I'm most concerned with who the new coach likes most, since he was a QB coach.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

You make a good point on Benson wanting to save a little on signing bonuses. I'm not sure how having future draft picks instead of a marquee player such as Young, Leinart or even Bush makes the team more marketable. Having a franchise QB drafted and signed would make the team more marketable IMO especially when they don't have a QB right now. Also, if Benson gets a trade where he drops down a few picks and also picks up an extra 2nd and 3rd round pick this year the money he would save would not be a great amount compared to the selling price of the team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar