New Team And New Mindset

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Sep 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

What's the context exactly? Poor guy didn't get hired on to a team with a good roster? Poor guy had Blaine Gabbart? Poor guy couldn't hire his boys?

Welcome to what 90 percent of new HCs have to go through. Question is why does he have the worst record out of all the coaches who have gone through similar scenarios?

Whiz was given a garbage roster with a garbage gm, why no third HC chance for him? Jim Tomisula was given a brutal situation, why isn't he being interviewed?

He did not deserve another HC chance in this league. It's the same thing as what we just went through with the DGB trade. DGB looks like such a good WR. He's got everything one dreams of. Problem is, execution. We are Eagles54 right now. All we see is hope. Mike has presented us with what looks like greatness. When it comes down to it can he execute? The past has shown he can't.

2. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Let's just sit tight and see how this plays out. All these changes are going to take some time to tweak and sort out. We finally have SOME talent, just a matter of seeing how we can use them. We have to get into some kind of rhythm on offense for sure. Then we have to scheme for different teams. Our main problem last year was a poor running game and horrible secondary. We fixed one, but have to wait on the other.

3. Mberglo

Mberglo Starter

Robiskie is my biggest worry. After watching this video about how long it's been since he's called plays, and how the head coach can yell at you when you do it wrong, I get concerned. We can have a great roster and still F it up.

Terry Robiskie on Unselfish Wide Receiver Play

4. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

New team, new mindset. Next up, new corners.

5. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

The Bears were down by 21 to Minnesota, and they bring in McMahon. Ditka calls for a screen pass, but McMahon ignores him and checks off, throws a deep ball for a TD. Ditka yells at hin on the sideline and Jim says, don't worry baby - I got this. The Bears went on to win the game. Coaches can draw up plays and do all kinds of things, but ultimately it's the players that get the job done. That said, it helps to be very organized and know what you are doing come game day. With Buddy Ryan's D, the Bears just dominated. I hope we reach that point, like back in the early 2000's. Our SB year our D only gave up 83 yds rushing per game - best in the league. Teams were so intimidated when they came in here. When we were on D you couldn't even talk to the person beside you it was so loud. Let's hope history repeats.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

I'm keeping an open mind on Mularkey. 1st Reason- In the NFL, the head coach gets both too much credit and too much blame for wins / losses. By this I mean that a lack of talent can certainly impact to a much greater degree a person's success as a head coach more than does how well they do the job. You can only coach up bad / mediocre players so much. 2nd Reason- Regardless of his past head coaching record, he is a steady hand, and in this scenario he has gone out of his way (unlike KW) to fix the culture here, as well as embracing the teams history in the process. In this regard he and JRob seem to be working together better than any GM / Coach combo in recent memory. 3rd Reason- Every great head coach had to learn to be great. Belichick had four years in Cleveland which was lackluster compared to his days in New England (not saying Mularkey is in the Belichick league). 4th Reason- This is the first time I can remember ownership, management and the head coach all being this focused on the same goal and working this well together. They have turned over 45% of the roster since January. These guys aren't messing around. It may take time, but we are seeing the beginning of something pretty cool, and if Mularkey is part of the solution then he's got my support.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • High Five High Five x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Mike Heimerdinger could call a better game than Robiskie

8. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Like I said, some people dont care about context. I do.

If you dont think having Gabbert along with that horrible roster had any outcome on the season, then its pointless to discuss it any further. (But i know you do)

Is Whiz out of the leauge? Is his career over? He may get another chance in time but i feel sorry for that team.

I didn't know that 9-7 was proving that he couldn't. If anything, it shows the opposite. Jacksonville showed that he could lose too. Context tells you why.

Having good players is a necessity. We have a GM that can get that for us. The next thing is everyday practices and games, in which Mularkey and his staff use that talent.

Im already seeing results from Mularkey that I like and that will help this team win games this season.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. BamBamBoogie

BamBamBoogie Starter

Dear Mike,

I fell asleep a few times and I admittedly didn't read half BUT you are the type of fan I love to have a few cold ones with and talk Titans football. Just no reading... no reading at all.

10. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Personally I'd much rather have Mularky and Jrob than the Sashi Brown, Depodesta, Hugh Jackson experiment going on over in Cleveland. I mean WTF?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar