New Titan hopes learn fast

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

On the field, new Titans linebacker Gary Guyton is best known for his speed.

He ran a 4.47 in the 40 coming out of college, and he used his speed to put together several successful seasons with the Patriots.

“I’m not the slowest lug out there,’’ he said with a smile.

Guyton, who went to Georgia Tech, needs to catch up fast.

The Titans signed Guyton on Sunday, a day when middle linebacker Colin McCarthy (hamstring), Zaviar Gooden (ankle) and Greg Jones (ankle) all missed practice. Guyton played for the Patriots from 2008-11, appearing in 60 games, including 16 starts in 2009. He was with the Chargers in 2012.

Guyton (6-3, 250) played inside in a 3-4 scheme with the Patriots, where he was used as a “utility guy,” he said.

“Going into my sixth season, I can maybe try and apply some things that I already know. So I need to learn terminology and learn defensive schemes and go from there and do the best I can and try and be a professional,’’ he said. “We’ll see how things go. Right now I am just trying to learn the playbook and do the best I can.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News, Training Camp

Source: Titans Insider

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

That speed will be more of an asset in the Titans 4-3 than it was in the 3-4.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

MLB 1st ROUND 2014 NFL DRAFT?

4. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

No need to draft a guy who will only be on the feild for 2/4 downs. Gooden is our "nickle" LB of the future along with Zach Brown. Now all we need to do is find a guy who can play run downs and you do not pick a guy like that up in the first round.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Zach Brown in the second round. Akeem Ayers in the second round. Zavier Gooden in the third round.

How much can a team possibly invest in to their linebackers?

6. xpmar9x

We need OT, CB, and FS way before we think MLB also. Plus, we don't have a 3rd round pick either. I'm assuming we'll find a vet in free agency for cheap. Hopefully, somebody who can stay on the field.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. xpmar9x

Hopefully it's this guy:

[​IMG]

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

New Titan hopes learn fast

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar