New Titans fan here

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Vince10, Apr 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caphorn

Caphorn Guest

You suggested that Tennessee Titan fans "in Tennessee" have no respect for old Oiler fans that are now bridging the gap to support the Titans. I was just questioning your credibility in reporting the sentiment of Titans fans in Tennessee from your lofty perch as a Texans fan in Baytown.

2. Overalls

Overalls Starter

It's easy when I have seen post after post trashing old Oiler fans on this board and TitansonLine. YOU joined this board today. I joined it over 2 years ago. I have been a member of TitansonLine for over a year. I know a little about what the TENNheads think. There are a large number of Titans fans who believe all the garbage that Dud has feed them and thus defend the fact that the Oilers were stolen from Houston by trashing HOUSTON Oiler fans without knowing our side of the story. You as a bandwagon fan, in a sense can't understand what they think because you would have to realize that they are laughing at you. Thank you for pointing out your lack of knowlege of the history.

3. Caphorn

Caphorn Guest

I'm sure if it's in the context of an old Oiler fan, now Texans fan . . . you get the picture. I have yet to be challenged, but I assume the Tennessee Titan fans are waiting to trash me for letting the Oilers go?? Even though I kept my season tickets through the final year of the Oilers in Houston??

4. Overalls

Overalls Starter

They don't care. I went to a game that final season too. My buddies got into a fight with some Steeler fans that game.

5. Caphorn

Caphorn Guest

I'd trash you too. If you haven't noticed, you are lingering on a f'n Titans board as a Texans fan. Odds are they aren't very interested in hearing you trash Bud. To Tennessee fans, Bud's an old rich oil guy that probably has done no wrong. I wouldn't expect them to be ready to trash the old guy, especially when some of his problems of the past - firing coaches summarily - just haven't happened at all. In fact, quite the opposite.

I'm a VY bandwaggon fan as I said before. I was an old Oiler fan, but that Oiler loyalty died out to some extent as a result of the move from Houston and the bad blood there. I don't expect to be treated as some loyal true blood. But wtf. Nor can Vince, can he?

Vince can't wait to smash the Texans (and I can't wait to watch him do it) :)

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

first moo

second heck that aint too much of an accomplishment getting in fight with a squeeler fan is kinda like getting a 7 yard sack on Carr, that is you don't have to try to hard to accomplish it.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

exactly my perspective on BA. I have no reason to complain at this time. Matter of fact the other major league franchise in Nashville has a fat old out of towner as owner, but the press treats Leipold like he was the second comming. All BA ever seems to do is contribute generously to middle Tennessee charities and apparently is thinking long term about the Titans.

Here's to you Bud!:toast:

8. Hooky Hornstein

Hooky Hornstein Camp Fodder

I’m another new fan here!

Heh! I feel like I’m introducing myself at Alcoholic’s Anonymous or something.

I’m Hooky Hornstein and I love Vince Young. Not in a lustful homoerotic kind of way… not that there’s anything wrong with that, I suppose. But I’m old enough to be his daddy and he’s my hero.

Yeah, I know somebody’s probably thinking heroes are soldiers and firemen, not football players. Well, excuse the heck out of me for not being politically-correct. God knows we need soldiers and firemen, but please. I’ve spent my life as a Texas fan and since the 1971 Cotton Bowl Classic, it’s been one dern thing after another… until Vince Young.

Vince Young did what Earl Campbell, Ricky Williams, Chris Simms, Major Applewhite, James Brown, Tony Brackens, Roy Williams… et al… could never do. He delivered.

The first time Vince Young ever stepped on the field for Texas was with 14:45 remaining in the first game of his redshirt freshman season. On the first play he gained 9 yards to the left. On the third play, he gained 7 yards up the middle. On the fourth play he gained 23 yards to the right. On the sixth play he scored a TD from 16 yards out. A seven play drive for 47 yards in 2:36.

On his second possession, he threw a 60 yard bomb to Sloan Thomas then ran the final 6 yards for a TD on the next play.

Yep. We knew right then we had something special. It just took a couple of years to convince the rest of the country.

Any way, I am so very very proud to have a team to root for. I haven’t been this excited about the NFL since Houston almost beat Pittsburgh in the AFC championship which would’ve given us an all Texas Super Bowl if the blind refs hadn’t screwed Mike Renfro.

9. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

Welcome, Vince10, and also to all the other new Titan fans. One new Titan that hasn't received much mention in this thread is WR David Givens, a Houston native. As a free agent, Givens visited the Texans, hoping to land a deal that would allow him to play in his hometown. The Texans wouldn't ante up the money to sign him though, so he's now a Titan.

Like Vince, David is also eager to play in the same division against Houston twice a year. If you think Texans owner Bob McNair is unpopular in Houston now, just wait until the first time the Titans win in Houston on a Young-to-Givens TD pass.

10. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

Sloan Thomas? You know he's a Titan now; right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar