New Titans fan here

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Vince10, Apr 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Overalls

Overalls Starter

I don't care about Vince Young. I didn't want him here. I just feel sorry for all these Texas Exes that are bowing down to Dud when there are sooo many of the TENNheads that have no respect for them and their bandwagon jumping. They think they threw the Oilers away and now they look like even bigger fools to those of us in Texas. Yeah Dud stole your team away, but because some player went to UT for 3 years, I'm going to become a Titans fan. Atleast untill a good UT player goes somewhere else.
    Buy a jersey that's all Dud wants anyway. I'm glad I make you laugh BiPolar. Kinda like your smack. It makes me laugh too.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

it looks like your exes hang their hats in Tennessee.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Nashville was only in the market for an NFL team when it became public that BA and Bredesen/Sundquist had been having meetings about bringing a team to Nashville. Memphis had been begging for an NFL franchise since the 60s not Nashville - just sos you know.

4. Overalls

Overalls Starter

Now THAT is good smack. One of your better lately.

5. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

This is completely off subject but does anyone know the exact list of players we cut in the 04 offseason to get under the cap??.........

6. Caphorn

Caphorn Guest

Right on. I should have been more clear as it is viewed as the state's NFL team, is it not? I've spent some time in Memphis and I know my friends there enjoyed having the team around when they first moved and seem supportive (even though they'd have preferred the team to be in Memphis).

Us VY fans are good fans. We may cheer a bit louder for the Bo Scaife's and Sloan Thomas' of the world, but so be it. I know VY and I and others have to try to be good citizens hanging around SEC country.

Should be a blast though. I think most of us can hopefully agree that we hate the Arkansas Razorbacks and the Dallas Cowboys.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

lol - you don't know much about Tennessee do you.

The 3 stars represent the 3 Grand Divisions of Tennessee. East, Middle and West. Memphis bills itself as the Capital of the Mid-South and is just as much Arkansas and Mississippi as it is Tennessee. A few years ago I was driving thru Memphis on a Monday and the Vols had won a close game against the Mississippi State Bulldogs and the talk radio was full of people who were upset that Tennessee had won. The host was anti Tennessee. Then there is East Tennessee where they show dolt games because of all the Peyton kool-aide drinkers, although I think that changes as soon as the Gayton leaves the game.

Having said that I think the Titans have the largest radio network in the NFL so the grassroots for a huge following is there.

I would not say I hate the Razorbacks, but I don't like'em either. Dallas definatly gotta hate the cowgirls.

8. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Off with his head, sez I!
    Heheh, welcome aboard. A little good-natured ncaa rivalry never hurt anyone, Whoo Pig! Sooie! ;)

9. Caphorn

Caphorn Guest

Hey Bonky - I hear we're headed for a head-to-head rivalry and there's talk the game will be played annually at the Jerry Dome. I actually look forward to that.

My Memphis friends were Bama fans. Nobody even halfway likes the Hogs in that group. I guess I never mixed it up with the slop in Memphis :)

Now aren't ya'll glad Vince was tough enough to withstand all the cheatin' dirty hits he took from the Arky thugs? ;)

Hookem!

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

In college Football, it's true, the state is divided. I think we're building a little more statewide support though. I was happy to find that they DO actually play all the Titans games in east TN, and they don't play the colts anymore. (based on last season). Memphis is a mixed pot, I'll admit I'm unfamiliar, but we've got a few on here who can fill us in, I think there are definitely fans there. But it's true, the Titans are connected to Nashville, and that's where the majority of the fans are, but it's hard not to expect that. Easier to be a fan when you don't have to drive hours to see the team play. We can't all be as dedicated as Bipolar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar