New Titans GM Off to Fast Start

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Feb 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Before he was introduced to the media, Titans GM Mike Reinfeldt was already at work with team scouts. He said his preparations for the draft and free agency were already well underway in his old job in Seattle, and that much of it will translate to his work in Tennessee. “I pledge we will work diligently to become a consistent, dominant force in the NFL,” he said. His goal is to prevent the Titans from ever having to purge the roster as the team did in 2005. “I’m of the belief that you don’t have to go into salary cap jail,” he said. “I’d like to see us be consistently a playoff team, and you can do that, teams have shown they can do that. We’ll work hard going forward to make that reality.”

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

I like the way he thinks :thumb:

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I was hoping from the thread title that it meant he had fired Scwhartz
    :ha:

4. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

He has already told us more about his strategy in five minutes than Floyd told us in 13 years.

5. Lumebray

Lumebray Virtus Et Honor

well, all i hope for is that he gets some good FA and a good draft

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

talk is cheap..his actions is what will count. Lets see if he can back them up

7. Off to a fast start? He hasn't done anything yet...

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

sounded like he verbally b*tch-slapped Reese :yes:

9. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Here's one quote from the source article that the summary didn't include

Anything that might help prevent another purge sounds like a great idea to me :yes:

10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

He may want to consult with Bud first. Bud may think he is being paid enough to do that :ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar