New Titans GM Says Pacman May Not be on '07 Roster

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Feb 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sledge

Sledge Guest

And? As a fan, it's not my job to decide what's good for the franchise's image, my job is to cheer to having the best possible team on the field, and whatever he does off, if the team keeps him around, which I hope they do, they'll have made the best move possible for the team on the field, which is what I want...

2. Sledge

Sledge Guest

A bunch of NFL players have had DUI arrests, they don't get cut for that... They get a slap on the wrist. So what's your point here?

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

That's exactly my point. Every time you DUI you're putting other lives at risk, yet going to a stripclub with $81K is deemed a worse offence in Pacman's case. To me that's messed up.

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

*Sigh* it's being deemed worse because 3 people were shot and one is paralyzed for the rest of his life. None of us are condoning that DUI treatment is fair or even right. But reality is what it is! The fact that Jones might have some sort of involvement with the violence is what's concerning.

5. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Pac is an idiot plan and simple. He's constantly doing stupid thing and is aways around it. Wether he does them or not he always there observing or doing it. He's had 8 chances now which is way too much. I like Pacman a lot i just bought his jersey recently thinking he's gonna stay out of the doghouse and put together a great year and what happens....same old story..same old Pac. I realize more now he cares more about money and strippers than his team, staff, and players. Sad. We pay him all this money and look how he repays us with his name in the news 8 times. BS.

I'm sick of it. Get him out or get him right. He's a disturbance that needs to row up. He's a extremely talented guy whose getting better at football but he sucks as a person so far. I understand if we release him and understand if we cut im. Don't wanna cut him but were runnin out of time, money, and choices.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Not only that, but driving drunk is FAR more irresponsible than anything Pacman Jones has done thus far. When you put people's KIDS lives in danger, and other innocent people KNOWING exactly what you're doing, that's a whole 'nother level of stupid.
    Driving drunk is usually a planned event.

7. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Don't even get me started on the European thing.

What are you not understanding? You are clearly missing the point by inferring that it is ok to put people's lives in danger as long as you don't hurt them.
    That isn't the point at all.
    But putting someone's life in danger is not as bad as ending someone's life or injuring someone.
    That should be obvious, no matter what continent you are from.

The example of acquitting an attempted murderer because no on got killed is like arguing that since "Pacman" wasn't the trigger man then he was not at least partially responsible.
    There is a difference in punishment between murder and attempted murder. There is a difference in punishment between DUI and vehicular homicide.

So check your "You can't justify" line at the door, since you are not getting the point.

As a just and moral society, we do hold the drunk driver responsible for the potential for harm their actions encompass. We punish the attempted murderer for the harm they were trying to commit.
    But we punish those who cause injury and death more harshly.

Creating a disturbance that results in serious injury is something that Pacman should be held responsible for. The notion that all that cash was just to be a visual prop doesn't cut it. This was a strip club, not a video studio. These were strippers, not hired babes for a video shoot. It seems this is a tragic case of some people with more money than sense imitating a music video, and it ended in tragedy.

It would be one thing if it were children pretending and imitating something they saw in a video. Adults should have known better.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Talk about spin. It's ok to shoot the gun at someone, as long as you accidentally miss them.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Pacman at west virginia...

As far a s i know he only had one incident there that was worth a brief suspension and certainly not nearly as bad as what peter warrick did at florida state(stealing).

What is more interesting is that pacman, was on the athletic directors honor roll as a coaching education major. Pacman a coach?
    http://www.msnsportsnet.com/profile.cfm?id=100062&sport=football

"majoring in athletic coaching education ... Athletic Director’s Academic Honor Roll"

So much for being dumb.

He was able to play, study and for the most part keep his nose clean at WV. Since being drafted by the titans it's one thing after another. I think having money and fame has as much to do with this as anything. He can't handle it.

West virginia is located in morgantown a town of just 30,000 people that will typically go a calender year without a single murder. Almost 50% of the people in that town have a college degree. Pacman couldn't have chosen a better enviroment to attend school and he did well there.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Well said gloat.

I always wondered that myself. If i point a gun right at someone's head and pull the trigger with the absolute intent to kill and that person at the last split second moves a little and my aim isn't perfect maybe i only graze him or miss altogether.

Does that make me less of a low life? Shouldn't the penalty be the same if i didn't miss? Intent might be hard to prove in court but i assume that if you point a gun at someone and fire there is the intent to do deadly harm unless it is obvious you shot only at their legs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar