New Titans GM Says Pacman May Not be on '07 Roster

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Feb 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sledge

Sledge Guest

OK, first of all, he did not pull the trigger, and he can't be held accountable for his friends' actions, just cause he's Pacman Jones.

Second, who are YOU to say that about him now? Last I checked, the last few run-ins prior to this were not exactly life threatening, unless you count spit as a loaded weapon. All this started after some dancer biatch got all excited about seeing all that money and tried to get away with a few Ks. Pac got pissed, and although he's stupid if he thinks noone's gonna grab the dough and run, he's got a right to be pissed. Now, what unraveled after that is very unclear. One thing seems for sure, Pac had nothing to do with the shooting. Why? He's in Nashville now. If they had an 0.00001% thought that he might have done it he'd be in the slammer now awaiting bail. Authorities (also known as cops around these parts) questioned him and let him go. And no, he didn't pay them off with the 81K, it was all over the place.

Sure, it's not good for the "image", but unless he gets convicted of the shooting, he'll be on the 2007 roster. They'll just have to reiterate on the fact that he needs to keep it on the downlo. League may fine him, team may fine him, he'll pay, apologize and life will go on.

About your first sentence, it's time you move on. If you wanna keep hammerin away at Pac, create a I hate Pac website, post a blog and fire away. Did Ray Lewis get cut after the "incident" at the Super Bowl? No, cuz bottom line, the NFL is about winning, and unless a guy gets convicted of something major, he'll stick and they'll deal with the tantrums, or else Randy Moss would've been traded all over the place by now. What Aj Nicholson did is punishable by law, yet, lo and behold, he's still on the Bengals roster. Chris Henry? Played last year despite a pending year's suspension. He played cuz they needed him in there, not in Dallas in exchange for a 4th rounder.

Bottom line, stars get away with stuff cuz they are stars. In today's society, much like free agency in baseball, it's too late to turn back. Pete Rose is still suspended, but many question the radicality of it all, and this he should be reinstated. But that was one commissioner with a personal vendetta. What's worse, shooting up steroids or betting in your game, one game? Ethically, both are similar, but in hindsight, does Barry Bonds deserve to be in the HAll if Rose isn't in?

Hopefully for everyone, this will get taken care of ASAP so we can move on.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

:werd: :truedat: [​IMG]

3. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

I dont know about you guys but im sticking with Pacman 100%. Im not the kind of person to just kick him out. If I had anything to do with this whole thing id try and seek help for him.

I could care less about PacMan "the player"

rite now im worried about Adam "the person"

4. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Poor adam, poor poor adam. You guys are a bunch of appologists. This guy would spit in your face. And if he dropped a quarter and you picked it up, you'd better be wearing kevlar.

He is a punk ___ thug! I do hate the sob to answer the idiot who guessed I do. I hate any thug/criminal/detriment to society. I hold in even lower regard the slime that defend punk thugs like him. He belongs in jail and so do the rest of people like him who do what they do. You people probably still think OJ didn't do it...he's such a good running back.

5. GOFIGURETITANS

How sweet and touching. That worm would kick your mama and spit on your grave if he thought it would be fun.

6. Sledge

Sledge Guest

I appreciate the fact that you'd share your unbiased, well versed opinion like that with us. Thank you

7. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Exactly, this is just a journalist taking Reinfeldt's ambiguous in the interpretation that would make the best story, don't overreact, he didn't really tell us anything.

8. GOFIGURETITANS

You are more than welcome. Unbiased? Everyone has their on bias. Mine has to do with right and wrong. Too many others here put that aside just to have a good football team. They (possibly you) are biased against any sort of ethical behavior. This is the attitude that enables the behavior we are discussing. Would you like any more well versed opinion?

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

"This is the 8th time Mr. Jones has spoken with the police since the Titans drafted him in 2005."

That's the part that I really have a hard time letting go. It's a pattern, and it's really frustrating. He's had multiple warnings. He didn't pull the trigger. He probably didn't even tell the person who did pull it to pull it. But he was a huge part of the reason the trigger got pulled. That's upsetting.

We'll see what happens, but this is a terrible situation for our team.

10. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

You know that may be so. But you still dont talk the way you do about another human being. PacMan needs help. And I would be more then glad to help him if I had the chance. People like you who just hate anyone who does something wrong need help more so then the person who does the "wrong". He hears people talking about him all the time dont you think that makes him mad? :irked:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar