Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Newbie here, my thoughts

Discussion in 'Newbie Central' started by KyleBon, Nov 18, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. KyleBon Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $11
    What up TitanNation, I'm Kyle I'm a Titans fan from good ole Kansas. I just wanted to introduce myself,and give my thoughts on our beloved Titans. Like many of you, I came into this year with high expectations and I have been grossly disappointed. But when I stop and think about it, if I was told before the season that the team would be 8-8 and fighting for a playoff spot and was competing in every game with this schedule I would be happy.alas we were shown the goods and then had it ripped away.
    I believe the titans are heading in the right direction and just need a little change of attitude. But unlike most of the posts I read I don't necessarily believe we need to clean house just yet. This team is moving in the right direction but seems to have bad juju. We forget munch's first year we were not in the playoffs due to a tie breaker, and that loss to the Colts can be shown only so many times. The next year we were delay injury after injury and had horrible coordinators. This year we were looking like a legit team then an untimely injury detailed Jake and the teams season. I believe Munch needs to look into taking over some of the duties of the o line or maybe have to get rid of his friend Bruce Matthews because this line has been atrocious most of the year in run blocking. Dowell has shown some flashes but seems to play not to lose rather ha. Playing to win, but I'm not totally for against him. The defense has been solid until late I dunno if gray has take. Over but we need to be playing man as opposed to the zone we have been lately.
    I believe this team is only a few moves away from being legit, and I personally don't believe the QB is one. I know he has ha trouble staying healthy but the first injury was a questionable at best hits that looked late to me, but it's whatever now. I believe Jake showed a lot of development this year when he was rolling. Sure he missed the quick slant that probably woulda sealed the Texans game but he did have a 99 yd drive to keep us in it. Then he had the beautiful game winning drive against SD which I had the privelage of watching on person. Them against the jets he was having a career day before the injury. Looking at his stats he was middle of the pack I. All major categories then in some he was towards the top. I'm not saying he is the next manning but he is a perfect fit for our team if he can stay healthy.
    Moving forward I would like to see this team get one more shot next year, that is if Munch can get this team to pull together and make it interesting. I think we should see what Fitz has if he can be a viable backup we stay with him next year instead of going for one in the draft, because I'm not sold on any this year. If he can't be that guy maybe we draft one and have him compete with jake next year and if jake succeeds then we resign him and have a good young backup or a trade chip. If he fails we have a qb going forward or we go for one next draft. I believe this team is close and I don't wanna see us have to start over again! That would be a longer process than it already has been!
    Tennessy XO high fives this.
  2. Tennessy XO @TennessyXO

McNair
    Moolah:
    $9,628
    Have a high five, your first

:beer:
  3. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $53,089
    Welcome.