News on Collier is awful

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Wow. You really are serious. I feel bad because somebody who plays for Jaguars nearly died, and I'm not a fan. Well, I'm done with this. For the first time ever on this board, I'm left simply speechless.

2. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

i agree with platham ... where's your humanity

3. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

Sorry man, you've probably never heard of Archie Bunker.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

For anyone who wants to debate gun laws, take it to Taboo.

5. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I've got humanity, just not love for the enemy.

6. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

It does sound really suspicious; if he wasn't targeted, then maybe his passenger was slouching in his seat and wasn't visible from the attacker's viewpoint?
    It was an absolute tragedy that this happened to him, but an absolute blessing that he was able to come out of it alive. I hope the scumbags who did it are brought to justice, and fast. If nothing else, Richard Collier is sure as hell one tough son of a gun to pull through this with his life intact. Best wishes to him and his family.

If that's your stance bro, then you're certainly no ally of mine. :sad2:

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

exactly

minding your own business and a stray bullett aimed at someone else gets you is somewhat understandable even Chenyish. Getting shot 14 times is definatly on purpose even Palinish.

OK bad joke but still. 14 shots is a full clip and a reload. That is no wrong place wrong time, that is on purpose.

8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I suppose I need to make clear my position on this unfortunate set of circumstances: What happened to Collier is not only pathetic but devastating. Its not only a terrible turn of events for him and his family and team but another instance of a terrible 'trend' that seems to be occurring in the NFL, that is, players being the target of violent crimes. Just in the past two years we've lost Darrent Williams and Sean Taylor to violent, senseless crimes and thats not even to mention the situation with Javon Walker this offseason and now this. I made some posts that were of 'poor taste' and I do apologize if you were offended by any of those, but enough is enough and I personally feel the need to quit joking about such a serious incident. My heart goes out to Colliers family and friends, and like someone posted earlier, this is a testament to that mans heart, being able to make it out of this tragic series of events alive.
    What he was doing there or anything leading up to this tragedy is quite suspicious, but irrelevant nonetheless. The fact is he was clearly targeted and it is damn unfortunate that people out there are actually pathetic enough to commit crimes such as these. Heres to you Collier, and I speak for many Titans fans alike when I say that this goes far beyond the reach of football, a man is a man and no man deserves to be dealt the unfortunate hand you're currently playing. Again, my heart goes out to Collier and his family

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

No one gets shot 14 times for being at the wrong place at the wrong time.
    Think about it. 14 times. Someone sitting there firing in to you - pulling a trigger 14 times. For someone to do such a thing, you weren't just in the wrong place at the wrong time. You hurt someone, somehow. May not be justified, but still.

My guess is a girl was involved.

10. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Maybe the shooter mistook him for someone else. It's been known to happen, especially early in the morning. We'll probably never know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar