Pre-Game Thread Next Up: Texans @ Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 28, 2016.

?
  1. Titans by 1-3

4.3%
  2. Titans by 4-6

8.7%
  3. Titans by 7-9

13.0%
  4. Titans by 10-13

13.0%
  5. Titans by 14+

17.4%
  6. Texans by 1-3

13.0%
  7. Texans by 4-6

13.0%
  8. Texans by 7-9

4.3%
  9. Texans by 10-13

4.3%
  10. Texans by 14+

8.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

TJ should make Texans fans leave our board.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Fry is an everything but Titans fan, not sure why he's made this his online home

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Kuharsky: "For those arguing a #Titans win would be meaningless: That means you're cool with them finishing behind Colts yet again. Brilliant."

WGAF Paul?

Colts suck and are failures, and so are we. Nobody cares if we came in 2nd or 3rd in our division. Nobody's hanging up a banner for 2nd place in the AFCS, Even the Colts, who put up a banner for losing in the AFC Championship game.
    Colts beat us twice, stupid point from PK.

That's right, Ladies and Gents. We're playing for that coveted 2nd place in the AFC South title Sunday, Game is meaningful after all!!!

4. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

2nd place is 1st loser.

5. Zack3000

Zack3000 Special Teams Standout

Texans suck

Attached Files:

6. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

I agree with Kuharsky.
    I guess if we win and go 9-7 it will not allow a certain few to b!tch in the future that we "haven't had a winning record in.....".
    Some would rather have that than have a winning record.

I get everyone is upset about the Jags game....I am as well. However, the jump to "fire/bench/trade everyone" and "nothing else from this season was a success because of that loss"....is BS in my opinion.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

LOSE BABY, LOSE!

8. nickmsmith

if you don't make the playoffs, everything done that season is a waste, just IMO. It amounts to nothing. No awards given out for "almost made it."

And I'd like to believe that we could use something like this season as a building block to success.. but time and time again, that theory is proven wrong. Teams drop off all the time.. and we couldn't win a division game to save our lives. THAT'S the story of the 2016 Titans, Even if they pull out a meaningless win Sunday. We had to pull of some miracles just to almost overcome our inability to win against the pitiful Jags/Texans/Colts, which we've got 1 win between the group so far.

If you can't win 50 percent of the games in this JV bush league division, then something is wrong. Especially when the one that seals your fate is a horrifying loss against the worst of them all.

#38 nickmsmith, Dec 30, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm not denying improvement. But 9-7 vs. 8-8 does nothing except take a few options away in the draft each round.

Under Webster, that probably doesn't matter. With JRob, I want as many options as possible.

Also, the notion that ending the season with a win gives a confidence boost towards next season just isn't realistic, IMO. The franchise wants the win so it can jack up seat prices and use the sound byte "The Titans are back to their winning ways", etc. throughout the off-season.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. nickmsmith

Yep. It may be different if we finished up the season with a 5-6 game win streak to finish up the regular season to get to 9-7. But the build up to the giant letdown, plus losing the QB... deflation complete. Bandwagon broke down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar