Pre-Game Thread Next Up: Titans @ Jaguars

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JerseyJef13, Dec 19, 2016.

?
  1. Titans by 1-3

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  2. Titans by 4-6

6 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. Titans by 7-9

17 vote(s)
    17.9%
  4. Titans by 10-13

30 vote(s)
    31.6%
  5. Titans by 14+

33 vote(s)
    34.7%
  6. Jaguars by 1-3

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  7. Jaguars by 4-6

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. Jaguars by 7-9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Jaguars by 10-13

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Jaguars by 14+

4 vote(s)
    4.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

2 things that worry me about this game.

- The Jags are playing for a new coach and teams always seem to play well the week after a coach's firing (see last year's game against Miami).

- We have split the season series with them for the last 7 years in a row.

It may be battered fan syndrome from as much heartache as we've had to deal with as Titans fans the last few years, but I won't be comfortable until the clock says 0:00 and we walk off the field.

2. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

I'm a little nervous, while I fully expect us to pound the Hags into the ground a part of me is still expecting to be let down since that's what I've grown accustomed to as a Titans fan for such a long long time.

I keep telling myself that this is a different team and different times but I can't completely trust them just yet. Winning this game decisively will go along way to convincing me that we have finally arrived.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

While this team continues to surprise me I feel too that this is a game where we come out flat. I would expect them to come out with a killer instinct knowing what is at stake and play with that kind of attitude, however I fear we could let this one slip away.

Now the unknown is the mindset of the Jags players. They seem to a little po'd at the ownership's handling of the firing. Players finding out on social media and having Bradley fly back on the team charter after telling him? Why they did not wait until the team got back to Jax is strange to me. Then to read they had made the decision before that game and yet told him right after.

If this was early in the season they might rally around the interim coach...I wonder with 2 games left if they do.

Guess we will find out..

4. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Agreed. Wake Up Zone is great.......I can live WITHOUT The Dan Patrick Show......Midday 180 is great (although Chad is annoying)....I like the guys on 3HL, but they do go off the rails and just ramble about stupid stuff. During Dan Patrick and 3HL I usually switch over to 102.5 for Darren and Mason and I like Floyd but that other kid seems like a total jackass.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Just read this will be first season ever for Jags without at least one home win if we beat them.

I hope we weather their early charge and score on our first possession.

6. TitanBlazer

TitanBlazer Starter

This game more than any we have to start fast. Kill their spirit in the first quarter and they will start thinking about the offseason. No mercy!

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Yeah, we have to come out fast and hit them early. I'd just run DM and DH right at them until they prove they can stop it. Wear them down!

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

but we have the goat, and our 2 RB attack will make sure its a Murray Christmas

9. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

Arn Anderson weighs in on Titans @ Jacksonville:
    One year ago, the Adams family came to the fans around here and said there's a man down in Florida with a fantastic mind, and willing to work. He isn't afraid of a team that is a diamond in the rough, and he knows how to polish it into a gem.

So, what he did is he came and changed the culture and the meaning of the aspects of being a Titan. Well, things have came along really well. Over the last two weeks, we have displayed that change for the NFL. Now, it's time to put our foot in the ground and solidify that change, by earning the right to play more than 16 games in a season. That is exactly the statement that will be made on Christmas Eve in Jacksonville, Florida.

There is no more two-toned blue in the background. We will stand in the forefront and let you know what we intend to do. Then, we will walk on to the field and physically execute our threat. It doesn't matter if you are the Jaguars on Christmas Eve, the Texans on New Year's Day, or whoever the NFL decides to put infront of us on Wild Card Weekend. You've put yourself in no man's land.
    When it's all over, don't cry about the gamplan, don't blame the refs, don't complain about the rules. The sport is fine, the problem is the execution. The problem is that none of you are good enough to stand fast when we say get out of our way. So, you don't have to worry about looking for the Titans ... you just get ready, because we're coming for you.

[​IMG]

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  10. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

[​IMG] :jagsbite:
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar