Next year is our year

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sta-Chisle, Jan 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveH

SteveH Starter

No no, I meant hanging on to third spot but choosing someone else other than Leinart, Young or Bush... if Young was third, would Reese take him?

2. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

If you look at past drafts, being in the top 3 is usually no better than the 4-6 slots. All this "big three" talk is ridiculous. Being in the big 3 only guarantees that some "draft guru" will rate our performance better the next day.

3. Nash

Nash Starter

We've been hearing all season that Bud wants a great QB, with solid players around him like New England.. I would be very surprised if we don't take either Leinart or VY myself..and from Reese's comments he expects our pick to be the same as having the #! pick in the draft, which means 2 #1's, a #2, and a#3 for the pick.. not likely that someone will do that for Lineart, barely possible for VY, and maybe for Bush if he's there at #3..so the best guess is we take VY..

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

You can bet your a$$ Benny Hill is a wanker can't you?
    By bloody hell right we'd snap him up at #3. Vince Young that is.

5. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I'd say. :rolleyes:

6. jdee

jdee Guest

I'll be a little more conservative and be happy if we can finish 8-8. We have too many things to fix to compete for the division title. First and foremost, we've got to get back to running the ball, and stopping the run, the two bases we had back in the day.

jDee

7. wg53

wg53 Starter

No, It is not ridiculous. It is accurate. The quality of talent in the draft last year was horrible...especially when compared to the quality of the talent in this draft. Anyone of the "big 3" in this draft would have been the No. 1 overall in several of the past drafts. The talent pool in this draft has a lot more depth when compared to draft's in the years past.

8. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I hate to break it to you, but this isn't the first year they have deemed x amount of prospects "elite can't miss franchise players". Remember the trio of Courtney Brown, Lavar Aarington, and Chris Samuels ? I do. Look through all of the past drafts and you will see what I do... the top players are usually scattered throughout the first round. The top three players have been just as likely to bust as to succeed.

I never said that this wasn't an above average draft. You can pretty well judge a draft by just looking at the amount of underclassmen that are coming out compared to the previous year. I believe this year is like 15 above average.

9. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

My post about Big Ben and the Steelers has more to do with optimism than the actual talent currently on our team. I don't see the kind of dramatic turnaround that the Steelers made happening to us. And you are right, in their case Big Ben was the catalyst for their turnaround.
    Maybe a better comparison would be to the Stinkin' Rams from 99. Nobody saw that coming either. Overall, my point is just that optimism is great. And I hope we have some real optimism next year. I hope we catch some luck early on. This team doesn't have to suck next year.

10. It's not like drafting a QB is going to make the 2006 team any better. Bush should be an immediate impact player, but drafting a QB is just drafting for the future (not that that's a bad thing).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar